NRL star Dylan Walker has been stood down from training duties after being charged over an alleged domestic violence incident last night.
The Manly Sea Eagles centre, who is currently out on bail, was arrested by police and taken to Manly Police Station shortly after 5pm yesterday.
9News sports reporter Danny Weidler broke the story last night on Twitter.
Emergency services were called to his home at Dee Why following reports a 24-year-old woman, believed to be his fiancée, was assaulted and suffered minor cuts to her shoulder and leg.
Walker was later charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
Addressing the media this morning, Manly Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman said the club’s star centre had been asked not to attend training while the legal process was underway.
“It’s been a great disappointment on behalf of our club, the allegations around domestic violence are totally foreign to anything we stand for and to our culture,” said Mr Gorman.
“We won’t require him to attend training today, he needs to clear his head and he’s only been released from Manly Police Station in the middle of the night.”
Mr Gorman said the club’s priority was ensuring the welfare of Walker’s fiancée.
“Our major focus has been on the welfare of the family. I know our coach was around there last night to see his partner and I’ve spoken to her on several occasions,” said Mr Gorman.
“We believe we’ve got her in as good as a space as we can today but when this is finished I’ll go and see her as well.”
Walker spent six weeks of 2018’s NRL season on the sidelines with a fractured eye socket after being punched by Melbourne’s Curtis Scott.
The Dally M centre of the year is off contract with Manly at the conclusion of 2019.
He is due to face Manly Local Court on Tuesday December 11.
© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2018