Five minutes, five stories, five o’clock…
EVERY WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you the five biggest stories of the day.
1. #NURSES’ STRIKE: The Labour Court has stepped in this afternoon to decide if there is sufficient scope for it to further intervene in the ongoing dispute.
2. #BREXIT: British Prime Minister Theresa May has rejected Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s plan to deal with Brexit closing off another possible way that a no-deal Brexit could be avoided.
3. #CROMWELL: Gardaí have recovered four stolen limestone statues including two depicting William of Orange and Oliver Cromwell, which were stolen in Charleville, Cork, in 2011.
4. #PROTEST: Activists and union have called for people in Ireland to take part in mass walkouts on International Women’s Day this year against gender-based violence and pay gap.
5. #SPRING AT LAST?: Met Éireann is predicting mild weather with temperatures set to get up into the mid-teens later on this week.