Digital Sun and 11 Bit Studios have just released a new update for Moonlighter, their item shop management dungeon crawling RPG that released back in May.
The Adventure Update is one of the biggest new content patches thus far, and adds the much requested New Game+ mode.
New Game+ will feature new items you can only find in this mode, including customizable pirate weapons and magical amulets that offer great power, but come with some nasty side effects.
This update also adds some quality of life enhancements, like quick selling and additional game slots. You can read the full patch notes here, and check out the launch trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
During a long-passed archaeological excavation, a set of Gates were discovered. People quickly realized that these ancient passages lead to different realms and dimensions – providing brave and reckless adventurers with treasures beyond measure. Rynoka, a small commercial village, was founded near the excavation site providing refuge and a place for adventurers to sell their hard-earned riches.
Moonlighter is an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements following the everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that dreams of becoming a hero.
- While conducting your business in Rynoka village, you can put items on sale, set their price carefully, manage gold reserves, recruit assistants and upgrade the shop. Be careful though – some shady individuals may want to steal your precious wares!
- Defeat various enemies and bosses, and revel in challenging and deep combat mechanics. Masterful control of your weapons, critical timing, careful positioning, and an understanding of your enemies and environment are crucial to your survival. How you battle your enemies is up to you.
- Get to know your neighbors as you restore the prosperity of this small commercial hamlet. Help establish new businesses and watch them grow in the idyllic community of Rynoka.
- Understanding the crafting and enchanting system is essential for your progression. Interact with the villagers to craft new armor and weapons, and enchant existing equipment. This creates a great deal of flexibility and spices up the way equipment is used.
- Access strange worlds through otherworldly gates and collect valuable items from exotic civilizations: resources, weapons, armors and peculiar artifacts. Hoarding everything won’t be possible – use the unique inventory system wisely to take the most profitable loot with you.
- Gates lead to different worlds. Each run is unique and forces you to make smart and calculated decisions. You never know what you will encounter next – that’s why you must be prepared for everything.
Moonlighter is available on Windows PC, Mac, Linux (all via Steam, GOG, and Humble Store), PS4, and Xbox One for $19.99. It’ll be making its way to the Switch sometime in November. The Steam version of Moonlighter is currently 25% off as part of an 11 bit Studios weekend sale.