This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is about Remnants of Naezith, a fast-paced grappling hook platformer by Tolga Ay that came out back in February.
You play as Kayra, a human that has been infused with the power of Naezith, an ancient thunder dragon that was shattered to pieces and spread across the world. Naezith has sent you on a quest to destroy his remaining fragments so that they can’t be used by the forces of evil.
At it’s heart, Remnants of Naezith is a momentum-based grappling hook platformer with a heavy emphasis on speed running. Compete with other players in the online leaderboards or race their ghosts to learn a few new tricks.
Once you managed to blitz through the game’s official levels then you can check out what the community came up with using the game’s map editor. You can check out the original launch trailer above.
You can find Remnants of Naezith on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $9.99.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Feel the acceleration in this fast-paced grappling hook platformer, Remnants of Naezith.
It focuses on having freedom of movement, solid character control and not having any speed limitations. The fun of swinging with grappling hooks and the amazing feel of acceleration makes a great combination in this game.
You play as Kayra, a human who shares his body with the soul of Naezith, the ancient thunder dragon. With the powers granted to him by the dragon, Kayra will destroy the Remnants of Naezith, enchanted fragments of the dragon’s body, to prevent anyone from exploiting their power for evil.
- LEVEL SELECTION – Proceed through four chapters with 20 branching levels in each.
- SECRET LEVELS – Find the hidden remnants to unlock secret levels.
- LEADERBOARD – Watch top player replays and improve your skills to ascend.
- GLOBAL RANKINGS – Get a badge depending on your overall performance and compete worldwide.
- GHOSTS – Race against other people’s best times or your own.
- SPEEDRUN MODE – Try going through the entire game or a specific chapter as fast as possible.
- CUSTOM LEVELS – Explore the countless levels made by the community and design your own.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!