Veitikka Studios, Matrix Games, and Slitherine Ltd. have just released the first trailer for upcoming Cold War RTS, Armored Brigade.
Armored Brigade is the latest installment in a wargame series that initially released back in 2008.
Inspired by old wargame classics like Close Combat, Steel Panthers, and Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm, Armored Brigade is set between 1965 and 1991, and allows players to engage in “What If?” scenarios involving the Warsaw Pact sending their massive tank divisions across the Fulda Gap.
Armored Brigade features seven playable nations (US, UK, West Germany, East Germany, Poland, USSR, and Finland) divided between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, and each faction will utilize a massive arsenal of authentic Cold War vehicles and weapons.
Battles take place on massive maps inspired by real, strategic locations in Germany and Finland that likely would have seen the most intense combat if the Cold War ever escalated into a full shooting war. You can check out the new trailer above.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
- Real-time engine
- Time period: 1965-1991
- Factions: US, USSR, West and East Germany, UK, Finland and Poland
- Lowest level unit is a single team/vehicle
- Dynamic AI
- Huge maps, based on real terrain. The maximum battle size is about 15×15 kilometers
- A battle generator for unlimited replayability
- Neutral units
- Artillery with several munition types
- Close air support, air defences. Air-to-air engagements are possible
- Fortifications, obstacles and breaching
- Dynamic time of day and variable visibility, wind and ground conditions
- Night vision equipment, smoke generators, illumination flares
- Unit morale, training level and fatigue, command delay
- A database editor for the factions, units, weapons etc.
- 3D sound engine
- And much more…
Armored Brigade is launching for Windows PC sometime this fall.