Recall action: Do not consume these potato products under any circumstances – danger of internal injuries!


Find of foreign bodies in potato products from Feldmühle
The Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety is currently warning against several potato products of the Feldmühle brand. The manufacturer “Martin Amberger Kartoffelverarbeitung Dolli-Werk GmbH & Co. KG” has announced that during controls plastic foreign bodies were discovered in the food. For reasons of preventive consumer protection, the manufacturer recalls the affected products.

These are various processed potato products that are sold via the Aviko food service. According to Aviko, it is one of the four leading potato processing companies in the world. The products were sold throughout Germany.

Which products are affected?
The following potato products of the Feldmühle brand with best before dates 09 November 2018 to 14 December 2018 are affected by the recall:

Feldmühle Naturel fried potatoes rustic, seasoned (Art.-No. 11445 / 11745)
Feldmühle Naturel spiced roasting discs (Art.-Nr. 11451 / 11453)
Feldmühle Naturel frying discs unseasoned (Art.-No. 11433 / 12433)
Field mill Naturel sliced potatoes (Art.-No. 11432 / 12432)
Field mill Naturel Fried potatoes with bacon (Art.-Nr. 11452 / 12752)
In addition: field mill Röstiteig (Art.-No. 47480) with the best before date 16.10.2018 to 06.11.2018
The purchase price will be refunded
“Due to an internal foreign object discovery, we cannot completely rule out the possibility that another foreign object has entered the product,” the manufacturer writes in the recall information. The manufacturer considers the risk of further foreign object discoveries to be low. Nevertheless, he advises against consumption. Anyone who has purchased the above-mentioned products can return them to the place of purchase and the purchase price will be refunded.

What are the dangers of foreign bodies in food?
Metallic foreign objects, broken glass or glass splinters, wood and plastic splinters can cause cuts and punctures in the mouth. If the foreign body is swallowed, it can – depending on its shape and size – cause breathing difficulties or shortness of breath. If small parts are swallowed, the risk of suffocation is not completely excluded. In addition, the foreign bodies can become trapped in the organism and cause inflammation. Sharp, sharp or angular foreign bodies can also cause stomach problems or internal bleeding while they migrate through the digestive tract.

Have you already consumed the product?
According to the manufacturer, there is little likelihood that there will be other foreign bodies in the product. If you have consumed the product and have not noticed any physical symptoms, the manufacturer says there is no need to worry. However, if there are any abnormalities as a result of consumption, a doctor should be contacted and the possible swallowed foreign body should be pointed out. (vb)


Leave A Reply