Dramatic second police shoot a person as he runs at them armed with a knife and an ignited gasoline cylinder


CCTV footage has shown the moment police officers shot an Adelaide man after he rushed towards them while wielding a knife and an ignited gas cylinder.  

The video shows an officer opening fire as the 20-year-old runs in their direction during a dramatic confrontation. 

The clip from The Advertiser showed two offices facing the man but retreating backwards as he charged at them.

One office appeared to stagger as the man ran towards him as two bright flashes came from the other officer’s gun barrel. 

The man who had been shot slight faltered in his effort to chase the officer. 

He was then rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a serious condition on Tuesday, but his injuries were described to be non life-threatening. 

He is still in hospital on Wednesday afternoon and has not be charged with anything. 

Officers were called to a house in Ingle Farm, about 12 km north-east of Adelaide’s central business district, just before 2.30am following a domestic dispute between the injured man and an 18-year-old woman.

Police said the man, who was armed with a knife, confronted the officers and lit the gas cylinder. He was instructed to drop the cylinder, but he kept advancing towards the officers and made threats.

Both officers used their taser on the man, but were unsuccessful.

‘At this time both police officers produced their firearms and shot at the man,’ the police said in a statement. 

Assistant Commissioner Paul Dickson said the matter will be fully investigated.

‘A police shooting is treated very seriously and there will be a significant investigation into the shooting,’ he said.

‘The police officers realise the seriousness of the matter, they are shaken from the incident but they are doing quite well. 

‘Obviously they were very concerned for their own personal safety.’

The injured man was given first-aid at the scene by the officers before he was taken to the hospital.

The 18-year-old woman was also rushed to the same hospital with facial injuries. 

Investigators from Major Crime, Eastern Adelaide CIB and Internal Investigation Section conducted an investigation into the incident along with Crime Scene officers.

Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.


Comments are closed.