ANKARA, Dec. 5 (Xinhua) — Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Wednesday said Turkey may call for an international probe if a deadlock is reached on the Jamal Khashoggi case, state-run Anadolu Agency reported.

Speaking to reporters after the NATO Foreign Minister’s meeting in Brussels, Mevlut Cavusoglu said a probe into the killing of the Saudi journalist is ongoing and the investigation should be transparent with the international community.

Earlier on Wednesday, Istanbul’s chief prosecutor issued arrest warrants for two Saudi Arabian citizens, who are accused of being “among the planners” of the murder, a local newspaper reported.

According to the Istanbul prosecutor, Khashoggi was strangled to death after he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2 to get documents for marrying his fiancee, and his body was then dismembered and destroyed.

The Saudi public prosecutor has demanded “death penalty” against five of the suspects implicated in the murder of Khashoggi.

Sharing is caring!