Nvidia has released a new version of its Game Ready GeForce drivers, coming with the version number 417.22. This release optimizes a number of games, including the upcoming , and the already-released . Interestingly, this isn’t the first release to optimize the expansion, as the company had already done it in August.
The most notable improvements, however, are for . The title is receiving its update and, alongside the new driver release, it includes performance improvements of up to 50% in DXR ray tracing, According to Nvidia, this means you can now enjoy over 60 frames per second with ray tracing enabled using its RTX cards.
Aside from game optimizations, there are a few fixed issues with this release, as listed in the full release notes:
- Display corruption may occur on higher refresh rate DisplayPort monitors upon resume from sleep mode. 
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: Incorrect overclocked memory clock is reported. 
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: Incorrect Memory Data Rate is reported. 
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: RGB color format does not get set correctly even when forced in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- [Geforce RTX 2080 Ti][Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice]: The game crashes. 
- [Microsoft Edge]: The browser does not respond after playing a video. 
- [BenQ ZOWIE XL2730]: The display shows a black screen when the refresh rate is set to 144 Hz. 
Of course, this version isn’t without its fair share of known issues, though the list does seem to be a little shorter than with the previous release:
Windows 10 Issues
- [SLI] [Titan Xp]: SLI is disabled by default after installing the driver. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080Ti]: Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips. 
- Workaround: Use the following tool to enable MSI mode (only apply changes to each NVIDIA GPU installed): https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/MSI-utility/releases
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox.  (Also applies to Steam)
- [G-Sync]: Random flickering occurs when connecting G-Sync monitor + non G-Sync HDMI monitor with G-Sync enabled. 
- [TITAN V][NVIDIA Control Panel]: The Workstation -> Manage CPU Utilization page appears when it shouldn’t. 
- 200351146-Tom Clancy’s The Division: Flicker/corruption in DirectX 12 mode
- 2449346-The Witcher 3 will BSOD with Bad Spooler error randomly during gameplay
- 2451459-Batman: Arkham Origins: Physx fog rendering incorrectly
- 2451530-Rocket League boots to a white screen and then crashes on certain displays
- 2420789-ARK Survival may crash with bad pool caller error and eventual BSOD
Windows 10 Issues
If you’d like to get your hands on the latest driver, you can download it from Nvidia’s GeForce Experience software or get it directly from the company’s website. If you’re on Windows 10, you can get the latest version for desktops here, and for notebooks here. For previous versions of Windows, the latest release can be found here for desktops and here for notebooks.
The full release notes can be found here, and if you encounter any issues not listed there, you can use Nvidia’s community forums to discuss them. You can also file issues using this form.