POKEMON GO November field research is coming later today. Here’s everything we know so far, including all the details for Shedinja and the all new shiny Pokemon.
November Field Research Quests Confirmed
Battle Field Missions & Rewards
- Win a Raid – Pineco (shiny chance)
- Battle in a Gym – Mankey
- Win a Gym Battle – Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle (shiny chance)
- Win five Gym Battles – Machop
- Use a super effective Charge Move in a Gym Battle seven times – Electabuzz
Catch Field Missions & Rewards
- Catch five bug-type Pokemon – Nincada
- Catch five Pokemon with Weather Boost – Vulpix or Poliwag
- Catch 10 Pokemon – Magikarp (shiny chance)
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon – Dratini (shiny chance)
Pokeball & Throw Field Missions & Rewards
- Make three nice curveball throws – Spinda
- Make five nice throws – Voltorb
- Make three great throws – Gastly
- Make five great throws in a row – Wigglytuff
- Make three excellent throws in a row – Larvitar
Pokemon Management Field Missions & Rewards
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle encounter (shiny chance)
- Earn a Candy from walking with a Buddy Pokemon – Clefable
- Send five gifts to friends – Golbat
Pokemon Egg Hatching & Evolution Field Missions & Rewards
- Evolve 2 Pidgeys – Caterpie (shiny chance)
- Evolve a Pokemon- Eevee (shiny chance)
- Hatch an Egg – Exeggcute
- Hatch three Eggs – Magmar
- Hatch five Eggs – Chansey
Original Story – Pokemon GO Field Research is set to change this evening as the game prepares to leave behind the October Field Research and rotate everything for the new November Field Research.
For those new to the game or unsure how this works, here’s the skivvy.
When players spin PokeStops they collect field research with each PokeStop offering a random field research quest that changes every day.
By completing field research players earn rewards, with everything from random Pokemon encounters, to Pokeballs and berries.
If players complete seven of these they then unlock a field research breakthrough, for the chance to capture an extra special pokemon. In the case of past months, this has taken the form of Legendary Pokemon or rare pokemon like Snorlax.
So now you have your quick catch up, keep reading for everything you need to know about November Field Research!
November Field Research Start Times
Niantic has already outlined that Pokemon GO field Research in November will be bug themed!
In addition, the field Research Breakthrough will reward players with the bug and ghost-type Gen 3 Pokemon Shedinja!
This was confirmed in a post on Twitter in late August which simply read:
Get ready, Trainers. Field Research tasks focusing on Bug-type Pokémon are coming this November! Collect enough stamps during November to earn a Research Breakthrough and get an opportunity to catch Shedinja!
The new Pokemon Field Research and Research Breakthrough should go live today, November 1st at 1PM PDT, which for anyone in the UK, is 8PM GMT, tonight!
If you’ve been holding onto your Field Research Breakthrough, make sure not to open it until after 8PM GMT this evening for your chance to encounter Shedinja as early as possible.
November Field Research Quests
The November Field Research Quests have not been confirmed yet. However, there are one or two which never change every month which we can be fairly certain will return again this evening.
Plus, we also know Shiny Catapie will be the latest Shiny Pokemon available this month. And the Catch 5 XXX-type Pokemon is normally reserved for this specific new shiny pokemon.
Equally, it’s expected that fellow Gen 3 pokemon, Nincada and Ninjask, will be involved in some form or another as part of the November encounter quests.
Keep reading for a full breakdown and updates later this evening.