Good Morning Britain’s Kate Garraway forced to apologise and left red-faced as her phone goes off live on air


GOOD Morning Britain’s Kate Garraway was left red-faced and forced to apologise as her phone went off live on air today.

The 53-year-old star was hosting the show alone until 6.30am, and she made the error just 15 minutes in.

The ITV show had cut away from the studio as Kate went over what viewers could expect next.

However, just as she spoke about Lily Allen’s surprise Las Vegas wedding to David Harbour, a phone notification could be heard going off.

When the camera went back to Kate, she appeared flustered as she reached across the desk to her mobile.

Laughing awkwardly as she flushed red, Kate turned her phone off as she told viewers: “I shall just be turning off my phone to silent – apologies for that – while we get the news, travel, and weather where you are.

“I’m very sorry – I’m just keeping up to date!”

The star was no doubt being sent well-wishes from her loved ones as later in the programme Kate revealed that it was her and husband Derek’s 15th wedding anniversary.

She admitted that it was a “tough day” – with Derek remaining in intensive care after being rushed to hospital with coronavirus back in March.

Speaking to co-hosts Adil Ray and Susanna Reid, Kate explained: “It’s actually Derek and I’s wedding anniversary today, unbelievably – 15 years today.

“What an extraordinary thing. I won’t be able to see him today, I kind of hoped I would but it wouldn’t work out that way for a visit… But maybe it would be a bit strange anyway.

“So yeah, it’s a tough day but he’s still here. There’s not a huge amount of change.”

Addressing Susanna, Kate continued: “I haven’t seen you for ages, Adil I haven’t seen you for a couple of weeks either… So much happens in those couple of weeks, there’s so many seeming positives, but actually when I see people again it’s just the same.

“But you have to think, at least he’s here with you – you have a flicker and then a bad day but you have just got to keep going really.”

Derek was rushed to intensive care with coronavirus back in March, and he was put into a coma shortly afterwards – and he remains in limited consciousness.

He is still unable to speak, with doctors warning he may stay in his current condition – but there are signs that he can hear so nurses play Good Morning Britain for him when his wife is on.


About Author

Leave A Reply