KATIE Price is said to be “distraught” at the public backlash over the death of her daughter’s puppy.
The family was hit by tragedy this week when her daughter’s new puppy Rolo suffocated after being trapped in a chair.
“It was just a tragic accident,” A friend told the Mirror.
And they urged “relentless” trolls to lay off the star, saying “Katie is really fragile.”
Katie has been tormented by cruel trolls since announcing her dog’s death.
One troll tweeted: “Can someone please ban Katie Price from killing another puppy. I’m fuming.”
Another added: “Katie Price has had two dogs of hers killed when they were hit by cars and now her daughter’s new puppy has died in a ‘tragic accident’. This is a woman who doesn’t supervise her animals and she shouldn’t be allowed any more.”
But countless others have shared stories of their own puppy accidents and reassured her they can be commonplace.
“I wanted to share my story, two months ago my puppy decided to go under the sofa and got stuck in-between the bars of recliner,” one fan wrote.
“It took me and two other people to take the sofa apart, 30 mins it took in total she was crying got herself that worked up she poo herself.
“She was only 6 months old at the time. When we got her out she was little shaky after cuddles and check over at the vets she said she was fine also how common it can be.”
The mum-of-five got emotional last night as she spoke out about the heartbreaking ordeal in an emotional video aid insisted she’s not responsible for the tragic death.
Tearful Katie said: “As a mum I just feel for Princess. It’s awful, the dog’s gone, we’re all distraught the whole family.
“I don’t even know why the breeders are even turning on us. I’ve never said a bad word about them. People shouldn’t blame the breeders, it’s not the breeder’s fault what happened.”
She said having to tell Princess the awful news was the worst thing she has ever had to do.
Katie added: “Having to make that phone call to my daughter is the worst thing in the world because I don’t want to make her heartbroken.
“She’s genuinely fallen in love with, she doted on that dog. I’m devastated this has happened.
“And people are trolling us, the breeders seem to have turned on us. It’s not our fault this has happened.”
She added: “It absolutely wasn’t anybody’s fault. It was an absolute freak accident.
“I still can’t believe it, I’m still in shock about it to be honest how this has happened. The vet said it’s really common – small puppies get in small places and suffocate.”
Katie also revealed that the pooch wasn’t left alone at all when the tragedy struck.
She said: “I was in the other room because we’re going away packing their suitcase and he was in the other room with five people.
“People are saying the puppy was left – the puppy wasn’t left at all. And it just got stuck under one of the stairs. “
Princess also sticks up for her mum in the video.
She says: “Mum hasn’t done anything. It’s not anyone’s fault. It’s no-one’s fault.”
The Sun Online has contacted Katie’s representative for comment.