KATIE Price has been warned not to go out alone by the police, who fear that a recent break-in on her mucky mansion was an “inside job”.
The 42-year-old star could be in danger and was left devastated on Sunday when her Sussex home was ransacked and destroyed by intruders.
Thankfully, the mother-of-five wasn’t at the property at the time because she is currently renting a house close by while the £1.3m mansion is renovated for her to sell.
The Sun Online can reveal that authorities have told Katie that they fear the attack was an inside job because of how well they appeared to know her home.
A source explained: “Police say it’s an inside job because the perpetrators knew exactly where the safe was.
“Katie’s shocked by the news and is being forced to tighten up security around her. Police have told her to be vigilant and not to go out alone.
“Blade [her security dog]is on high alert. She’s had death threats and kidnap plots foiled in the past.”
Sunday’s trespassers caused the ground floor ceiling to collapse after they completely flooded the upstairs by turning on taps and leaving them running.
It caused thousands of pounds of damage to Katie’s newly done-up kitchen, with the perpetrators also rummaging through the former glamour model’s personal boxes in her loft.
An insider previously told The Sun that Katie fears it might have been a targeted attack by someone with a grudge against her.
They shared at the time: “Katie is devastated. She is fearful that whoever has done this has a vendetta against her and even thinks it could be linked to her standing up against social media bullying trolls.
“This crime was committed to cause as much impact and personal upset as possible to Katie.”
Last week Katie gave evidence to MPs holding a Parliamentary inquiry into online abuse.
She begged politicians to change the law to tackle trolls, as she warned of the “disgusting” trolling her disabled son Harvey is subjected to.
The Sun’s exclusive pictures show the damage the break-in did to her newly renovated kitchen after the ceiling above caved in.
Water and debris is strewn across the floor after being left in ruin.
Katie’s neighbour discovered the home had been targeted during a routine sweep of the nine-bedroom home and its 12-acres of land.
It has understandably shaken Katie, who is now living just ten minutes away from her ex-husband Peter Andre and their kids – 15-year-old Junior and Princess, 13.
A spokesman for Sussex Police told The Sun: “On Monday morning (July 6) police received a report that sometime since the previous day a residential address at Dial Post had been entered by a person or persons unknown.
“The property was not occupied at the time. It was not possible to establish whether anything had been stolen.
“Anyone with information can contact Sussex Police online or by calling 101, quoting serial 403 of 06/07.”
The incident is an unexpected blow to Katie who said last week that she is head over heels in love with new boyfriend and Love Island star Carl Woods following her split with ex Kris Boyson.