Disgusting aftermath of illegal rave where thousands defied quarantine – Latest News


A 20-year-old man has been confirmed dead following a suspected drug overdose at one of the raves while hundreds of others were filmed on Snapchat at the raves.

Two illegal raves in Manchester saw chaos consume Manchester on Saturday night – one in Oldham with around 4,000 people in attendance and another in Carrington attended by around 2,000 people.

Illegal raves were held in Oldham, with around 4,000 people in attendance, and another in Carrington, attended by around 2,000 people, on Saturday night

The Daisy Nook Country Park was left covered in rubbish

Thousands of people went to the raves on Saturday night

Residents and council workers have been left to clear up the mess

Empty bottles, nitrous oxide canisters and plastic bags were left strewn across Daisy Nook Country Park

Police were called out to the raves

Hundreds of revellers gathered to stream into the illegal rave

Hundreds of people were filmed at the rave

Used tampons, human excrement and a “sea” of silver canisters were left scattered across a beauty spot where an illegal “Quarantine Rave” was held over the weekend.

But for many residents, this rave was no surprise, Manchester Evening News reports.

Footage from the rave has also been shared by Hollyoaks star Malique Thompson-Dwyer showing him walking through the woodland area with a large group of people.

When the night finally arrived, residents say they were anticipating problems.

Several local residents said details of the rave had been circulating on local social media groups for days beforehand.

“This rave has been going around on social media for the last few days, my son is 17 and he knew all about it before it was going to happen. We all did,” said one local resident as she cleaned up a sea of glass at Daisy Nook Country Park.

One couple participating in the Daisy Nook clean-up, who wished not to be named, said that they had been awake all night with the noise from the amount of people who had been attending the party, which then spilled over into the beauty spot.

“It was the sheer amount of people that kept us awake.”

“The roads were covered in people turning up. Lots of people started arriving in cars and were driving to show-off. They parked up and let people out.

They said: “We saw loads of youths last night at about 6pm and we just saw loads of people with balloons to their faces.

“Then at around 2am taxis started arriving and taking people away.

The couple told the M.E.N. that they had seen police officers in nearby streets watching people believed to be making their way to the rave.

They even tried to report the rave as it was happening.

“No one in Oldham had any sleep last night. Coming to the field today to clear up, it looks like Glastonbury has happened.”


About Author

Leave A Reply