Leicester has seen a spike in cases in recent weeks, with 866 confirmed cases in the last fortnight forcing the city back into a stricter lockdown.
The news was confirmed by the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, Matt Hancock, on Tuesday morning on Sky News.
Leicester went back to more strict lockdown measures this week after a spike in the East Midlands city, and there were fears that this weekend’s Premier League game wouldn’t happen
But those concerns have now been laid to rest.
Leicester’s clash with Crystal Palace is still set to go ahead this weekend despite the East Midlands city going back into lockdown.
The news on Monday evening sparked fears that this weekend’s game between Leicester and Palace would not be able to go ahead.
“Nothing has changed in terms of how we have been working thus far in this situation but I’ve always said we will react accordingly. We have to have agility in this period.
The Northern Irishman said: “It is something I am not really thinking about. It is all hypothetical at the moment. We will just continue our work.
Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers insisted earlier this week that he was not concerned about the game not going ahead.
“It’s a very safe environment for the games to be in. We will just keep working until we are told otherwise.
Palace, meanwhile, have won just one of their three games back, and sit in 11th.
Leicester are currently sitting in third place in the Premier League, but have failed to win since the restart.
“I think in this moment in time we are in the safest place we can be in terms of our work, the stadium also.”
The game between the pair on Saturday kicks off at 3pm.