Man being tested for coronavirus accidentally swallows entire swab stick – Latest News

0

It is unclear whether the patient was trying to test himself or had swallowed the stick after visiting a testing station, Hull Live reports.

The patient had to visit Hull Royal Infirmary after the incident.

The unfortunate patient was taken to Hull Royal Infirmary after the bizarre accident with the stick, which are usually around six inches long and made of thin plastic

It is unclear whether the patient was trying to test himself or had visited a testing station

Hull Royal Infirmary said they were ‘unable to comment’ after the incident

Health Secretary Matt Hancock shamelessly claimed Brits had taken too many ‘inappropriate’ tests

They need to reach the back of the throat for Covid-19 tests, are snapped in half so they can fit in specimen containers.

A man being tested for coronavirus was rushed to hospital after accidentally swallowing the entire swab stick.

Hull Royal Infirmary said they were “unable to comment” after the latest incident on Tuesday.

The sticks are typically around six inches long and are made of very thin plastic, with material on one end.

He also shamelessly blamed the British public for his government’s coronavirus testing fiasco, saying too many people took “inappropriate” tests.

Thousands of Brits have struggled to get coronavirus tests, with Health Secretary Matt Hancock singling out a “glitch” in the booking system.

And many who tried earlier this week were told the service was too busy.

His brazen attempt to shift the blame came in response to blunders that saw people with coughs and fevers being told to travel more than 300 miles to get a test.

The minister was accused of sending mixed messages as just last month he said: “If in doubt… get a test.”

But Mr Hancock said: “We have seen an increase in demand, including people who are not eligible for tests, and people who don’t have symptoms.”

Shadow Health Secretary Jon Ashworth blasted: “It beggars belief that ministers are seeking to blame people for simply doing what they were advised.”

Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a series of new coronavirus restrictions yesterday , due to be enforced on Monday, September 14.

The UK has witnessed a dramatic rise in Covid-19 cases, with 2,919 recorded in the past 24 hours.

Social gatherings of more than six people will be banned, hospitality business will be legally required to take customers’ details, and measures at the border will be stepped up to monitor quarantine rules.

It is unclear whether the patient was trying to test himself or had visited a testing station (Image: Getty Images)

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply