North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-un may have possibly ordered shoot-to-kill to stop the further spread of coronavirus. This was revealed by a U.S. Korea Force commander in an interview. He did not detail the exact arrangement of the order, but anyone that crosses border may face serious danger.
North Korea has been known by many as a dictatorial nation, led by its Kim Jong-un, the nation’s Supreme Leader since 2011.
In today’s pandemic, the country’s name frequently pops up. This is due to the researches stating that North Korea has not yet recorded any confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the whole time of pandemic.
It was debated by many experts from the field. Saying that the N. Korea may have just been hiding the real numbers of the positive cases in the region.
Tech Times even made a report in March, regarding this assumption.
“It’s impossible for North Korea not to have a single case of coronavirus,” said Jung H. Pak, a former CIA analyst on North Korea.
Even US Forces Korea (USFK) commander Robert Abrams admitted that this could be a possibility.
“It is a closed-off nation, so we can’t say emphatically that they have cases, but we’re fairly certain they do,” Abrams said. “What I do know is that their armed forces had been fundamentally in lockdown for about 30 days, and only recently have they started routine training again. As one example, they didn’t fly an airplane for 24 days.”
However, on Friday, Sept. 11, a leaked interview with Abrams was published via Agence France-Presse (AFP).
According to the report, US General Abrams may have told an online conference organized by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington on Thursday, Sept. 10, that N. Korea is shooting people in order to curb the spread of COVID-19.
He did not detail how this is possible in the interview. However, he specifically said that the nation recently introduced a new “buffer zone, one or two kilometers up on the Chinese border.”
“They’ve got North Korean SOF (Special Operations Forces) out there. … Strike forces, they’ve got shoot-to-kill orders in place.”
So far, N. Korea has not yet released statement regarding the matter.
Meanwhile, it is expected for the government to soon unveil its new machineries and weapons in the upcoming 75th anniversary of the ruling Workers’ Party in Pyongyang.
ALSO READ: North Korean Man ‘Shot Dead’ After Being Suspected With Coronavirus
This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Jamie Pancho