Yob threatened to bomb NHS hospital and wished ‘staff would die of coronavirus’ – Latest News


Matthew Wain covered his face with a hood as he entered court yesterday, where he pleaded guilty at the city’s magistrates’ court to sending a menacing message by means of a public electronic communications network, relating to the video.

The 31-year-old appeared in court and admitted to making “grossly offensive” threats towards Birmingham City Hospital in a bizarre YouTube video.

Matthew Wain said he hoped “all staff died of coronavirus” in a bizarre video posted on YouTube. The 31-year-old was brought into court after threatening to bomb the hospital

Matthew Wain arrived at court with his face hidden in a hood

Matthew Wain arrived at Birmingham Magistrates court

The defendant is accused of making threats to bomb an NHS hospital

He claims he made the video because he was unhappy with treatment he received

Prosecutor Peter Lawn told the court Wain posted the “lengthy” video on YouTube, describing how he had previously attended hospital “having a heart attack”.

In a menacing video, a sick yobbo threatened to bomb an NHS hospital and said he hoped “all staff would die of coronavirus”

Wain claimed he was unhappy with treatment received at the hospital, prompting him to post the rant online.

Mr Lawn added: “It is the threat to bomb the hospital that brings the defendant before the court today.”

“He also states that he hopes all the staff die of coronavirus.”

During threats made on the video, which police said featured a phone call to the hospital, Mr Lawn said: “He is unhappy with treatment he received. He also states ‘not being funny, but what happened to me yesterday, I will bomb the place to be honest.’

Magistrates heard Wain was arrested on April 1 and told officers he “didn’t mean it” and had no intention of harming anyone.

He also stated that he had made “empty threats” on the video, and had been upset and hurt at his treatment.

Wain, who has previous convictions, including a malicious communication offence committed in the Norfolk area, was granted conditional bail pending pre-sentence reports.

The Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust, which runs City Hospital, has seen more than 360 deaths of coronavirus patients since the start of the pandemic.

He was ordered to return to court on June 18 and instructed not to contact NHS staff unless it was for a genuine medical need.

Matthew Wain arrived at court with his face hidden in a hood (Image: SWNS)


About Author

Leave A Reply