Prince Harry makes surprise admission about UK return – ‘Would have been back already’

0

PRINCE HARRY has admitted he would have been back to the UK if it had not been for the coronavirus crisis.

Harry, who is starting a new life in the US with Meghan Markle after quitting royal duties earlier this year, was speaking during a video call with players from the Rugby Football League. He admitted that he would have already been back to Britain for a visit if it had not been for the coronavirus pandemic.

Harry added that he plans to make an appearance in the UK in 2021 for the Rugby League World Cup.

He said: “We’ve got a whole Rugby League World Cup next year.

“I definitely plan on coming back. I would have been back already had it not been for Covid.”

Harry is patron of the Rugby Football League and he surprised players with the video call to help celebrate the sport’s 125th birthday on Saturday.

He led the group in a quiz and they discussed what the game means to them.

Harry said: “It can bring so many families together, bring so many people together… it doesn’t matter whether you’re in the stands, whether you’re the groundsman, whether you’re a player, whether you’re a fan or whether you’re a first-time watcher, every single person is bound by this family feeling.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex plunged the monarchy into a period of crisis when they shared bombshell plans to step back as senior royals in January.

The Queen was forced to hold a summit with Charles, Prince William and Harry.

The Sussexes had hoped to continue supporting the monarch while earning their own money.

But the plan was deemed unworkable as it would have led to accusations they were cashing in on their royal status.

It was later announced they would no longer be working members of the Royal Family.

The Queen’s grandson and the former actress completed their final engagement in March.

It recently emerged they have bought a mansion for £11 million in celebrity hotspot Santa Barbara to be their family home with one-year-old son Archie.

Earlier this week, Meghan praised Harry’s feminism as she spoke to US rights activist Gloria Steinem for the feminist media platform Makers.

The ex-Suits star spoke of how her views on feminism had changed over time.

She added that it was not “mutually exclusive to be a feminist and be feminine”.

Gloria then pointed out it was possible to be feminist, masculine and a guy, to which the 39-year-old replied: “Like my husband!”

Meghan said: “I look at our son and what a beautiful example that he gets to grow up with a father who is so comfortable owning that as part of his own self-identification.

“That there’s no shame in being someone who advocates for fundamental human rights for everyone, which of course includes women.”

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply