MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry reportedly want to settle in the sunny state of California but they can’t settle down yet for a devastating reason.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have allegedly said they want to eventually live in LA where Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland resides. Sources have revealed that the couple may make the move to Tinseltown once US President Donald Trump leaves the White House.
It emerged last week that the couple will be taking a “step back” from their Royal duties.
They are reportedly looking at moving to LA and Toronto as well as Vancouver Island.
The couple spent their holidays on Vancouver Island in a luxury waterfront mansion.
Meghan and Harry are hoping to settle down and rebuild their brand in LA, according to The Daily Mail.
However, Meghan, who has made it clear she is not a fan of Trump, is allegedly adamant that she will not live in the US until Trump leaves the White House.
A source said: “It’s by no means an immediate thing but there is a long-term plan to end up back in the US with a second home in Canada, where they will also spent a great deal of time.
“The couple used the words North America in their statement about where they planned to live deliberately.
“It doesn’t pin them down to any one place.”
The insider also revealed that no locations have been ruled out.
The UK and Canadian Governments are currently entering negotiations about the future of the Royal couple and their son Archie Harrison.
However, Meghan reportedly has a strained relationship with Trump who described Harry and Meghan’s recent statement as “sad” and a slap in the face to The Queen.
The former Suits actress refused to meet with Trump when he visited the UK last year.
She had previously branded him as “misogynistic.”
Meghan even said back in 2016, that she would move to Canada if Hillary Clinton did not win the election.
But the US could become an option once again if Trump doesn’t win a second term.
It comes as Meghan and Harry are reportedly threatening to take part in a tell-all US television interview to get their way at the royal summit on Monday, which could unleash hell on the Royal Family.
According to The Sun, the Duchess’ American PR team is allegedly already in touch with some of the major networks in the US and famed chat show host Oprah Winfrey.
The royal couple could use a US TV platform to try and secure a better deal with senior members of the Royal Family during talks at Sandringham.
A royal source said: “Harry and Meghan’s people have been reaching out to all the big US networks to explore the possibilities of a sit-down warts-and-all interview.
“Perhaps Harry and Meghan will use this as a negotiating tactic as there is no way the royals want their dirty laundry out in the open.
“Maybe they will get more money if they agree not to talk.”
The source added that the couple wish to “tell their side of the story”.