As a result of the not guilty verdicts in the Kyle Rittenhouse case, violent riots erupt in Portland, with protesters clashing with cops.


As a result of the not guilty verdicts in the Kyle Rittenhouse case, violent riots erupt in Portland, with protesters clashing with cops.

After Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted, rioting protesters smashed windows and threw objects at police in Portland.

The riots erupted in the Oregon city after it was announced that 18-year-old Rittenhouse, who shot and killed two men during racial unrest in Wisconsin last year, had been cleared by a court.

According to KOIN TV, the 200-person protest turned into a riot after protesters began smashing windows, throwing objects at police, and threatening to burn down a courthouse.

According to KOIN, Portland Police Bureau Chief Chuck Lovell stated shortly after the verdict that officers were planning activities for Friday night and the weekend.

Around 8.50 p.m., approximately 200 protesters had gathered in downtown Portland and were blocking streets.

By 9 p.m., city facilities had windows shattered and doors smashed.

Objects were reportedly thrown at officers in the area, according to police.

“A crowd has gathered near SE 2nd Avenue and SE Madison Street, with participants breaking windows and damaging doors of city facilities in the area,” police tweeted.

Objects are being thrown at police officers in the area.”

After the murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis police last year, Portland saw ongoing, often violent protests.

Some protestors claimed that the police were too harsh in their response.

Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people gathered across the country to protest Rittenhouse’s acquittal.

Hundreds of people gathered outside the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, to express their displeasure with the verdict, while similar protests took place across the country.

For the most up-to-date information, visit our Kyle Rittenhouse live blog…

As the evening progressed, Kenosha remained relatively quiet.

At the courthouse, a crowd of about 40 people gathered but remained peaceful.

If convicted on the most serious charge, Rittenhouse faced life in prison for killing two men — Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum — and wounding Gaige Grosskreutz with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.

The adolescent pleaded not guilty to all charges, claiming self-defense.

As he heard a court clerk recite not guilty five times, he began to choke up, fell forward toward the defense table, and hugged one of his attorneys.

He was escorted out a back door by a sheriff’s deputy.

He feels extremely relieved about what the jury did to him today.

“He wants to move on with his life,” defense attorney Mark Richards said.

“What the jury did to him today has given him a huge sense of relief.”

“He wishes none of this had happened in the first place.”

But, as he stated during his testimony, he did not initiate this.”

“Self-defense is not illegal,” he said afterward to Fox News.


Infosurhoy’s most recent news in a nutshell.

He has a huge sense of relief for what the jury did to him today

Mark Richardsdefense attorney

A fire burns on the street of Portland, Oregon, during protests after the "not guilty" verdict was announced in the trial of Kyle RittenhouseRiot police guard a court house in Portland amid threats to burn it downKyle Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all counts at the Kenosha County Courthouse in WisconsinA sign that reads "black lives matter" seen during a march in Brooklyn against the acquittal of Kyle RittenhouseA demonstrator holds a placard reading 'it's wrong and you know it'The teen was acquitted on all charges

Comments are closed.