Croatia introduces new measures against COVID-19

0

ZAGREB, July 10 (Xinhua) — Croatia’s National Civil Protection Headquarters said on Friday that new containment measures was introduced to stem the spread of COVID-19 in the country, which has seen a spike in the number of infections.

On Friday alone, a record number of 116 new COVID-19 cases was confirmed in the country. This was the biggest daily surge since Feb. 25, when the first infection was confirmed in the country.

Croatian Health Minister Vili Beros told a press briefing on Friday that there is a rise of new cases in the region and the government is ready to increase conditions for entering Croatia.

The National Civil Protection Headquarters said that as of Friday, the organizers of events attended by more than 100 people will have to report them 48 hours in advance and keep a record of attendees to enable the health authorities to more efficiently prevent the spread of the virus.

The authorities also plan to introduce new guidance on face masks, the wearing of which will be mandatory in certain industries that pose the biggest risk of a virus outbreak, like the service industry and shops.

According to the Croatian Institute of Public Health, 3,532 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the country since Feb. 25. As of Friday afternoon, 117 patients had succumbed to the disease and 2,377 had recovered. The National Civil Protection Headquarters said on Friday that 91,486 people had been tested since February, 1,722 of them in the last 24 hours. Enditem

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply