Customers are being advised to get vaccines after a Starbucks employee in New Jersey tested positive for hepatitis A.

0

After a Starbucks employee in New Jersey tested positive for hepatitis A, customers were advised to get vaccines.

Customers at the Starbucks at 1490 Blackwood Clementon Road in Gloucester Township were warned on Thursday after one of its employees tested positive for hepatitis A, according to officials.

The Camden County Department of Health was notified on Wednesday that the person had worked through the virus’s infection period, and an investigation was immediately launched.

Anyone who bought food or drinks from the coffee shop on Nov. 1 was asked to leave out of an abundance of caution.

According to a Camden County statement, children aged 4, 5, 6, 11, 12 or 13 should get the hepatitis A vaccine.

The Camden County Sustainable Facility, located at 508 Lakeland Road, will host a hepatitis A vaccine clinic beginning Friday, according to county officials.

The clinic will run from 3 to 7 p.m. on Friday and from 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Saturday.

Appointments for vaccines will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.

Individuals should get the vaccine as soon as possible after coming into contact, but no later than 14 days.

Officials inspected the store on Wednesday and found no evidence of food safety violations, according to the department.

The store was shut down and would not reopen until all of the employees had been vaccinated.

In a statement, Camden County Health Officer Paschal Nwako said, “The county health department has been working closely with the patient and the Starbucks staff to address the situation.”

“Our top priority is to keep everyone safe and healthy.”

The patient is currently unemployed, and close friends and relatives have been identified.

We urge anyone who thinks they may have been exposed to get vaccinated against hepatitis A by contacting their local health department or primary care physician.”

Hepatitis A is usually spread when a person ingests feces or stool from an infected person’s feces or stool, even in microscopic amounts, from contact with contaminated objects, food, or drinks.

According to the CDC, it usually only causes a mild illness that lasts a few weeks. In severe cases, however, illness can last for months.

The virus can kill people in extremely rare cases.

Those with a history of liver disease are at a higher risk…

The most recent news from Infosurhoy.

Comments are closed.