GOLDEN GLOBES 2020 have now released their full TV nominations ahead of the 77th annual ceremony. But which shows made the cut – and who is in with the best chance of winning?
The Golden Globes have now announced their full nominations ahead of the awards ceremony early next year, with a number of this year’s major television series making the cut. Some of the biggest shows picking up nods include series like The Crown, Fleabag and Chernobyl who have all received a number of nominations. Express.co.uk has rounded up all of the nominations as well as who has the best bet of taking some of the top prizes – read on for the full list.
Awards season is heating up now that the nominations for the 2020 Golden Globes have been announced in full.
Leading the nominations on the TV side this year are Netflix’s The Crown, Netflix’s Unbelievable and HBO and Sky’s Chernobyl, all with four nominations each.
BBC comedy Fleabag has also picked up two nominations, including a best supporting actor nod for Andrew Scott and one for best television series music or comedy.
Other big series recognised include Game of Thrones with a nomination for Kit Harington in the acting category and Killing Eve with two nominations as well.
The nominations all come ahead of the actual awards ceremony on Sunday, January 5, which will be hosted by comedian Ricky Gervais once again.
Who will win?
Bookies have already begun to weigh in on who could win big on the night.
For the Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy category, Fleabag is the best bet at 8/11.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is put at 7/4 while Barry is placed at 5/1.
Best Television Series – Drama, it looks like Big Little Lies might clinch the top spot over The Crown at EVS to 2/1.
Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “It seems everything Phoebe Waller-Bridge touches turns to gold and it looks as though Fleabag will clean up at the Golden Globes.”
Who has been nominated for the 2020 Golden Globes?
Best Television Series — Drama
- Big Little Lies
- The Crown
- Killing Eve
- The Morning Show
Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy
- The Kominsky Method
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- The Politician
Best Limited Series or TV Movie
- The Loudest Voice
Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie
- Christopher Abbott, Catch-22
- Sacha Baron Cohen, The Spy
- Russell Crowe, The Loudest Voice
- Jared Harris, Chernobyl
- Sam Rockwell, Fosse/Verdon
Best Actress in a Limited Series or TV Movie
- Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon
- Helen Mirren, Catherine the Great
- Merritt Wever, Unbelievable
- Kaitlyn Dever, Unbelievable
- Joey King, The Act
Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Limited Series or TV Movie
- Alan Arkin, The Kominsky Method
- Kieran Culkin, Succession
- Andrew Scott, Fleabag
- Stellan Skarsgård, Chernobyl
- Henry Winkler, Barry
Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Limited Series or TV Movie
- Meryl Streep, Big Little Lies
- Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
- Emily Watson, Chernobyl
- Patricia Arquette, The Act
- Toni Collette, Unbelievable
Best Actress in a Comedy Series
- Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
- Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Kirsten Dunst, On Becoming a God in Central Florida
- Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag
Best Actor in a Drama Series
- Brian Cox, Succession
- Kit Harington, Game of Thrones
- Rami Malek, Mr. Robot
- Tobias Menzies, The Crown
- Billy Porter, Pose
Best Actress in a Drama Series
- Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
- Olivia Colman, The Crown
- Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
- Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
- Reese Witherspoon, The Morning Show