Irish tourist dies while on holiday in Tenerife after getting run over on motorway

0

An Irish holidaymaker has died after he was hit by two vehicles on a motorway in Tenerife.

The 36-year-old was killed on the TF-1, near an area known as Torviscas Bajo in the south of the island, just before 4.30am on Monay.

It is understood the man was hit after walking onto the motorway, which runs from the island capital Santa Cruz in the north to the major tourist resorts of Los Cristianos and Playa de las Americas in the south.

Emergency responders could do nothing to save the tourist, who has not been named, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The drivers of the two cars said to have been involved in the incident, a Citroen C3 and a BMW, have already been quizzed.

Have you been affected by the incident? Email [email protected]

Local reports said they had received medical attention for panic attacks.

An investigation led by the Civil Guard was continuing on Tuesday.

It was not immediately clear if an autopsy has already taken place, because post-mortem examinations are now delayed as a matter of routine so Covid-19 tests can take place first.

The autopsy is expected to show if the dead man had been drinking or consumed drugs before he ended up on the motorway and was run over.

A spokesman for a regional emergency services coordination centre said: “A man has died after being run over in Tenerife.

“The alarm was raised around 4.25 on Monday.

“The incident occurred on the TF-1 in the municipality of Adele, on the part of the motorway heading to the capital Santa Cruz.

“Medical responders confirmed the death at the scene.”

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply