Kanye West to hold first campaign rally in South Carolina as he pushes presidential bid

0

Kanye West is heading to South Carolina for his first campaign rally.

The 43-year-old rapper will hold his very own first political event on Sunday, according to a campaign document obtained by Politico.

He is ploughing full speed ahead with his 2020 Presidential bid after he signed official documents following claims he “dropped out” of the race.

It’s reported the star will stop by the Exquis Event Center in North Charleston, but only registered guests can attend.

To adhere to coronavirus restrictions, all guests have been told to wear masks, as well as keeping social distance and will need to sign a Covid-19 liability release form.

Kanye, who announced he is running for president on July 4, filed with the Federal Election Commission last week, which is a requirement for anyone running for US president.

He also declared he will be running as a third party candidate for the BDY party – which stands for the Birthday Party.

Over the weekend, he reached out to fans and tweeted supporters to get him on the ballot in South Carolina.

He urged: “Hi guys please sign up to put me on the ballot in South Carolina at any of these locations. You can also sign up at the website.”

Kanye appears to pushing on with his US presidency bid, despite an early poll that suggested he was on track for a humiliating election defeat.

His road to power hit a substantial stumbling block last week as the first polls since he announced his intention to run showed him gaining barely any support.

Taking to Twitter to announce his path to the White House, he wrote: “We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future.

“I am running for president of the United States! #2020VISION.”

It had previously been reported that Kanye had abandoned his plans less than two weeks after announcing his hopes to become president.

An election strategist told the Intelligencer just hours before the FEC filing dropped: “He’s out.”

But soon after, the star proved he is still pushing on with his bid as he filled out a statement of candidacy with the FEC.

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply