A MUM has been accused of murdering her six-week-old baby boy in her flat.
Chelsea Cuthbertson, 27, was unmasked as the alleged killer of son Malaki Watts after a legal challenge to lift reporting restrictions by The Sun today.
She is accused of killing Malaki at their home in Hythe, near Southampton last year.
Cuthbertson and a man, 42, were arrested by Hampshire Police last week.
The male suspect was held on suspicion of allowing the death of a child but has now been released without charge, with no further action.
Detectives previously said Malakai was found “seriously unwell” at the flat on February 2 last year.
He was rushed to hospital but sadly died four days later.
Today Judge Keith Cutler overturned a previous contempt of court order banning the naming of Cuthbertson and her child in the press, at Salisbury Crown Court, Wilts.
He accepted a previous order made at a magistrates court hearing was incorrect and lifted the order he placed on the case himself last week, concluding that Cuthbertson and her child could now be named.
He said: “I conclude that the order I made shall now cease… There are now no restrictions on the publicity of this case.”
Cuthbertson was granted bail last and told to adhere to a strict electronically monitored curfew from 6am to 6pm.
She cannot have any contact directly or indirectly with any witnesses, a judge at Winchester Crown Court told her.
Following the incident Cuthbertson and the man, both from Hythe, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
But were questioned before being released on bail.
They were then re-arrested in August of last year on suspicion of murder and again released on bail pending further enquiries before being arrested once more this week.
A provisional four week trial date has been set for March 15.