National Neighbor Day is celebrated annually Sept. 28 to acknowledge the importance of having good nearby residents and maintaining cordial relations with them.
The day is celebrated by meeting and spending quality time with neighbors and throwing a neighborhood block party to get to know the people who live nearby. The origin of the day is not known.
Here are a few quotes to share with neighbors, courtesy Brainy Quotes:
1. “It’s very important to know the neighbor next door and the people down the street and the people in another race.” – Maya Angelou
2. “Your own safety is at stake when your neighbor’s wall is ablaze.” – Horace
3. “If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn’t make your house look any better.” – Lou Holtz
4. “Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors.” – Confucius
5. “Times like this, even though tragic and devastating, bond us together as neighbors.” – Jerry Reed
6. “There is an idea abroad among moral people that they should make their neighbors good. One person I have to make good: Myself. But my duty to my neighbor is much more nearly expressed by saying that I have to make him happy if I may.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
7. “There is a law that man should love his neighbor as himself. In a few hundred years it should be as natural to mankind as breathing or the upright gait; but if he does not learn it he must perish.” – Alfred Adler
8. “The underlying message of the Neighborhood is that if somebody cares about you, it’s possible that you’ll care about others. ‘You are special, and so is your neighbor’ – that part is essential: that you’re not the only special person in the world. The person you happen to be with at the moment is loved, too.” – Fred Rogers