PICTURED: Horrifying moment a male flame dancer catches FIRE during a luau performance in Nevada

0

A professional fire dancer’s costume caught fire and spread to his left leg on Saturday while he was performing at a luau in Nevada.

The dancer, who was not named, and a second performer were both treated for injuries at University Medical Center in Las Vegas, according to the Lakeside casino in Pahrump, where the show was held.

The condition of the main person hurt is not known at this time, and the second individual suffered only minor burns, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

In a statement the casino said, ‘We are saddened that an event held to bring enjoyment to our guests took this unexpected turn. Our thoughts are with both performers.’

The casino’s website described the 8pm ‘Lakeside Luau’ show on Saturday as a free show for all ages featuring Las Vegas Hula dancing.

‘Enjoy the dances of Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Samoa and so much more,’ it said. 

The dancer who was burned more seriously had been using a pole dipped in flammable material, measuring about five to six feet long, when the tool caught the grass-like wardrobe on his left leg on fire, according to photographer Horace Langford Jr.

The fire dancer did not initially notice that his clothing had ignited. 

Langford, who was covering the luau, said the dancer’s fellow performers smothered the flames shooting up his body with a tarp. 

The crowd was not affected by the mishap, and the shown went on as scheduled, Langford said.

Another performer took over the role of the man who was burned.  

The Lakeside casino is located about 60 miles as the crow files (and about 70 miles by highway) east of the Las Vegas strip. 

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply