POLICE have shut down part of London as hundreds flocked to illegal raves after a weekend of partying in pubs and parks.
Large areas of northeast London have been placed under ‘dispersal orders’ by police battling to shut down a series of illegal music events.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Video shows an illegal street party in North East London as hundreds of ravers defy calls from police for partygoers to stay home.
The footage shows revellers wearing fluorescent green headphones and dancing to music blasting from what appears to be a DJ deck at Millfields Park.
In Hackney Downs Park hundreds of revellers gathered to party despite the on going coronavirus pandemic.
Footage shows police watching on as people dance in the park.
Hackney Police issued a statement at 11.36pm on Sunday over Twitter, saying: “A Section 35 Dispersal Order has been authorised for the entirety of Millfields Park E5 by Inspector Norman due to an unlicensed music event.
“This dispersal is in place in order to prevent disorder.”
An hour later, Hackney Police added that due to “due to a number of unlicensed music events in the areas of Hackney Downs park and Cecilia Road” a Section 35 dispersal order was in force within the E5, E8 and N16 postcodes until 11am today.
In the video, the rowdy crowd appears undeterred by social distancing guidelines as people bump together and dance along to the music.
The party attendees all appear to be wearing fluorescent green headphones which turns the heaving crowd into a sea of bright green light.
A man wearing a white cap appears to be DJ-ing the event as he holds a microphone and blasts music from a makeshift setup.
A stash of booze is seen scattered and littering the ground.
It is unclear exactly where the party took place or how many people were involved.
SunOnline reached out to Hackney Police for comment.
It’s not the first ‘lockdown rave’ to have caused controversy as Brits are told to adhere to strict lockdown and distancing guidelines.
Tragically, a man in his 20s died last month from a suspected drug overdose following illegal “quarantine raves” in Oldham and Manchester which also saw three people stabbed.
Greater Manchester Police are also investigating reports an 18-year-old woman was raped at a rave in Carrington.
Police said the event in in Failsworth, Oldham, was attended by 4,000 people and in Carrington they estimate around 2,000 people attended the party at its peak.
Partygoers have grabbed the headlines as thousands flocked to the nation’s pubs and took to the streets on the first day they were reopened since the coronavirus lockdown.
Brawls were witnessed across the country in Brentwood, Tamworth and Nottinghamshire.
One police chief warned it was “crystal clear” boozers were not observing social distancing rules.
John Apter, Chair of the Police Federation, said he dealt with “naked men, happy drunks, angry drunks, fights and more angry drunks” on shift in Southampton.
He said: “What was crystal clear is that drunk people can’t/won’t socially distance.
“It was a busy night but the shift managed to cope. I know other areas have had issues with officers being assaulted.”
Richard Cooke, chair of the West Midlands Police Federation, predicted a second wave was round the corner.
He tweeted: “Just got home after a long shift late shift peppered with pub fights, domestic violence and drunken drugged up fools.
“If today was anything to go by the ‘second wave’ won’t be long in the making.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. Click here to upload yours.