Rangers boss Steven Gerrard’s epic celebration after finally beating Celtic


Rangers boss Steven Gerrard celebrated wildly on the pitch at Celtic Park, after the Gers first away Old Firm derby win against Celtic in nine years, as he headbutted the camera in passionate triumph.

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard was spotted jubilantly running onto the pitch after the full-time whistle in the Old Firm derby, as his side picked up a crucial three points against Celtic. He was seen yelling with triumph on a number of occasions, and also headbutted the Sky Sports camera.

Rangers beat Celtic 2-1 at Parkhead, to hand the Gers a huge advantage in the Scottish Premiership title race.

Steven Gerrard’s side are now just two points behind the Hoops, but they crucially have a game in hand.

The Rangers boss was delighted with the three points, and was seen embracing his right-hand men straight after the final whistle.

After shaking the hand of Celtic manager Neil Lennon, Gerrard turned toward the TV camera.

He grabbed the camera with both hands, before yelling passionately straight down the screen.

Gerrard actually headbutted the camera, and forced the cameraman to back-track.

The manager then started jogging down the touchline toward the away fans, to celebrate with them.

But, the passion overcame him once again, and he couldn’t help but yell in ecstasy a couple more times.

The former Liverpool and England midfielder was also spotted hugging goalscorer Nikola Katic on the pitch.

After applauding the travelling fans once more, Gerrard turned toward the camera and pushed it out of the way.

Gary Lineker congratulated Gerrard on Twitter after the match, as well as posting a video of the celebration.

“Big win for @RangersFC and Steven Gerrard in the Old Firm derby. Think he’s quite pleased,” said Lineker.

The win gives Rangers a massive boost in the race for the Scottish Premiership title.

After losing the first Old Firm derby of the season, Gerrard urged his team to lay down a marker.

Midfielder Steven Davis said it was a massive step forward for the team to win at Celtic Park, which is always a difficult place to go.

“For 35 minutes in the first half we were excellent,” Davis told Sky Sports.

“The penalty decision goes against us but Greegsy was excellent, making a great save. From there on in we showed great game management in the second half.

“It wasn’t the best time to concede so it was important we bounced back from that.

“From there on we were excellent and limited them to a few chances from set pieces.

“Overall, it’s a big three points for us but it’s important we come back from the winter break and get ready to go again.

“There are going to be twists and turns but we have to show that level in the second half of the season. This was a massive result for us and we’ll take a lot of confidence from it.

“There’s a lot of football to be played but we’re in a good place at this moment in time.”


About Author

Leave A Reply