Five minutes, five stories, five o’clock…
EVERY WEEKDAY EVENING, The Journal brings you the five biggest stories of the day.
1. #FREE AT LAST: The giant container ship that was stuck in the Suez canal has finally been refloated and shipping convoys will soon start moving through the vital shipping artery once again.
2. #RURAL FUTURE: Plans for the development of rural areas includes schemes to turn vacant properties into remote working hubs and to use pubs as community spaces.
3. #RESTRICTIONS: Easing the 5km travel limit, outdoor sports, and the possibility of larger groups meeting up outdoors are due to be considered by the government this week.
4. #COURTS: A woman accused of leading 20 Garda cars and a helicopter on a live-streamed pursuit on the M50 has been ordered to hand over her passport.
5. #ARLENE FOSTER: Any surplus coronavirus vaccines in the UK should be offered to the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland’s First Minister said.
No news is bad news
Support The Journal
Your contributions will help us continue
to deliver the stories that are important to you
Support us now