Barcelona rocked as Arthur ‘leaves training without consent’ and flies to Brazil ‘with no intention of coming back’

0

ARTHUR MELO has refused to turn up for Barcelona training after agreeing a move to Juventus.

Sport claims the midfielder, 23, has returned to Brazil following the end of LaLiga.

And Arthur has told Barcelona he will not return for their upcoming Champions League campaign after agreeing to join Juventus in a deal worth £70million last month.

It’s said that Arthur did not appear for Barca training and scheduled coronavirus tests on Monday, sparking concern from coaches.

After going on holiday to Ibiza after the end of LaLiga a week ago, it transpired Arthur had then taken a secret trip to his homeland without permission.

When confronted, the soon-to-be-Juve playmaker spoke with club officials over the phone and told them he would not be returning for the Champions League campaign.

Barcelona were said to be infuriated and told Arthur he was in breach of his contract.

But with a move to Juventus already completed, Arthur apparently has no fear of potential penalties and he will now remain AWOL until September when his Turin switch becomes official.

It means Barcelona will have to do without Arthur for their Champions League last-16 second-leg tie against Napoli.

The Spaniards have already landed a replacement in Juve’s Miralem Pjanic.

But he will be playing when the Serie A champs try to fight back against Lyon in August.

And Barca are confused as to why Arthur has decided to up sticks when Pjanic remains committed to his current side.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply