Dillian Whyte insists he will NOT step aside for Tyson Fury to fight Anthony Joshua and demands world title shot

0

DILLIAN WHYTE will NOT step aside to let Tyson Fury fight Anthony Joshua in a unification blockbuster.

The Bodysnatcher is approaching 1,000 days as the WBC’s mandatory challenger – but he has had to watch on as Fury beat Deontay Wilder to win the belt.

Fury has a trilogy fight with the American, but Wilder is recovering from bicep surgery and faces a race to get back to fitness for it to happen this year.

Last month it was revealed that Fury and Joshua had agreed to two fights next year with all the belts on the line.

That would be provided both get through their next fights, Fury versus Wilder and AJ taking on Kubrat Pulev.

But heavyweight Whyte is determined to prove he can become a world champion, and he is not prepared to pass up any opportunity of it happening.

This comes as the WBC confirmed Fury versus Whyte could happen ‘this year’ if Wilder’s rehabilitation sets him back.

Speaking to The Telegraph the 32-year-old Brixton banger, who has been calling out Fury for weeks, said: “Nah, there’s to be no step-aside. I’ve waited long enough.

“I’m not getting any younger, I’m getting older. I just want to be world champion and reign and unify.

“So the sooner I can get the world title the sooner I can go about that. So, no I’m not looking to step aside at all.”

Whyte takes on Russian veteran Alexander Povetkin on August 22 in the final installment of Matchroom’s Fight Camp.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman then hinted that Whyte could get his shot at the orgnaisation’s champ Fury.

He told Sky Sports: “It could happen if they reach an agreement, and they accept that to happen. It could happen yes.”

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply