TRANSFER NEWS is picking up with the domestic football season on the verge of reaching its conclusion.
The window will open on July 27 and close in October.
Follow all the latest gossip and rumours below…
LET’S SHAKE ON PALM
Emerson Palmieri is top of Antonio Conte’s transfer wish-list at Inter Milan, according to reports.
The Nerazzuri have made recruiting a left-back their No1 priority in the coming window.
According to Tuttosport, Conte wants to recruit Palmieri to strengthen Inter’s left-flank having not been impressed by Cristiano Biraghi or Kwadwo Asamoah this term.
Emerson has failed to cement a regular place in Chelsea’s starting line-up, since arriving from Roma in 2018.
Cesar Azpilicueta – who normally operates at right-back – has been keeping the 25-year-old out the team and playing on the left in his place.
FAN OF FERRAN
Manchester City are front-runners to sign Valencia’s Ferran Torres after convincing the player to make the switch to the Etihad, according to reports.
The 20-year-old’s contract expires in 2021 and they may be able to get him for a reasonable fee.
According to Super Deporte Valencia owner Peter Lim and Mansour bin Zayed are personal friends, which has opened a channel for negotiations.
Manchester United are keeping track of Sporting Lisbon pair Eduardo Quaresma and Nuno Mendes, according to reports in Portugal.
The pair have come through the club’s academy and are hotly tipped to do well at the club.
Quaresma, 18, is a centre back who can also play defensive midfield, while Mendes, also 18, is a left-back.
According to A Bola, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are prepared to make a tilt for the duo.
Both have £41million release clauses in their contracts, which do not expire till 2025 and Mendes shares agents with Bruno Fernandes in Miguel Pinho.
LAMPS’ POPE HOPE
Chelsea will step up their pursuit of Burnley keeper Nick Pope to replacer Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Blues boss Frank Lampard is keen to bring in the Clarets and England stopper.
Lamps dropped Kepa earlier this season.
Atletico Madrid keeper Jan Oblak, Ajax’s Andre Onana and Dean Henderson of Manchester United have all been on Chelsea’s rader.
But Pope’s hugely impressive displays during lockdown have made him the top contender.
Arsenal and Manchester City are plotting to poach £10m goalkeeper David Raya away from Brentford this summer, according to reports.
The highly-rated Bees stopper has been in scintillating form for the West London side amid their promotion push.
According to 90min, City boss Pep Guardiola has eyed Raya as a replacement for departing back-up keeper Claudio Bravo.
Bravo has had just one season as City’s No1 choice shot-stopper since joining from Barcelona in 2016 and the Gunners were said to be plotting a swoop.
Following the arrival from Ederson a year later, the Chilean international has been limited to just seven Premier League appearances in the last three campaigns.
But they will face a transfer tussle with Arsenal for Raya.
Former Manchester City, Sevilla, Middlesbrough and Valencia striker Alvaro Negredo has said an emotional goodbye to Dubai football team Al Nasr.
The Spaniard said: “Saying goodbye is never easy.
“It has been almost two years living an incredible experience.
Getting to know a new culture, a city that has made me feel at home, a new way to understand football and that has given me the chance to win another title.
“That night will remain forever in my memory.
“It is time to continue my career somewhere else, but my love for this club will always be there.”
#thanks #alnasr #an9
SMASH ‘N G-RAB
Manchester United are reportedly one of three Premier League clubs that are interested in Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot.
The 25-year-old only joined the Old Lady last summer when his contract at Paris Saint-Germain expired, but he could already be on his way out of Italy.
Rabiot has featured in 34 games in all competitions this season, chipping in with just one goal and providing zero assists under Maurizio Sarri.
According to Calciomercato, the Serie A side are willing to listen to offers for the French international.
And this has led Manchester United to consider weighing up a bid for Rabiot, with Juve said to be expecting a ‘big’ bid to come in.
Adam Lallana has reportedly agreed a three-year deal to join Brighton.
The England star will be available on a free transfer next week as he ends his six-year stay at Liverpool.
The midfielder will bring the curtain down on his Reds career against Newcastle on Sunday.
Lallana, 32, found himself sidelined at Anfield this season as Jurgen Klopp’s side surged clear of title rivals Man City.
He signed a short extension last month keeping him at club until the end of the delayed season.
MAKING A MESS OF THE MARKET
Inter Milan are planning a sensational swoop for Lionel Messi next summer, according to reports.
The Argentine is in the midst of a frosty rift with Barcelona chiefs and the Serie A side look set to try and take advantage of the feud with a “2021 assault”.
Messi’s deal runs out next summer and the Italians hope to lure him away from the Nou Camp with a mega money deal, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
The 33-year-old superstar has bagged 30 goals in all competitions this season.
And Inter’s majority shareholders Suning Group Holdings reportedly believe they can stump up the dough to prise Messi away from the Nou Camp and to the San Siro next season.
Real Madrid hope to raise funds by finally selling Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez this summer, according to reports.
Club president Florentino Perez has prioritised raising money from player sales this summer given the financial effects of the coronavirus pandemic, with Los Blancos in the process of remodelling the Santiago Bernabeu.
Reports from Spanish newspaper Marca claim Real will “aggressively push” Bale and James out of the exit door in a bid to raise £164million in the transfer window.
Bale does not seem to have a future in the Spanish capital under current boss Zinedine Zidane.
The Welsh international cut a frustrated figure in Real’s title run-in, featuring just twice after La Liga’s June restart.
Manchester City are close to wrapping up a £68million deal for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, according to reports.
The Italians need the cash to fund their £55m transfer of 21-year-old Lille striker Victor Osimhen.
City boss Pep Guardiola wants Koulibaly to be his new Vincent Kompany.
The Belgian retired at the end of last season.
Senegal international Koulibaly, 29, is also wanted by Manchester United.
Transfer Window Podcast reporter Duncan Castles claims Napoli are ready to do a quick deal with City for Koulibaly as they desperately want Osimhen for their Europa League campaign next season.
Arsenal have reportedly drawn up a four-man shortlist to replace Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang should the Gunners captain leave the club.
Chris Smalling is confident of completing his transfer to Roma from Manchester United – and has even posed in next season’s kit.
The former England centre-half has been a revelation on loan at the Italian side this season.
He has been christened ‘Smalldini’ after AC Milan and Azzurri legendary international Paolo Maldini.
And the 30-year-old – deemed not good enough by England boss Gareth Southgate and United chief Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – wants to seal a permanent deal in the Eternal City.
Smalling was pictured in an image on the club’s Twitter site in the new kit along with other stars.
But United refuse to let him leave on another season-long loan deal.
Chelsea starlet Samuel Iling-Junior is reportedly set to join Juventus at the end of the season on a free transfer.
The 16-year-old is said to have told the Blues he wants to leave the club, with the player having no shortage of admirers with clubs across Europe looking to secure his services.
SunSport reported in February how the likes of Bayern Munich, Ajax and Schalke are all chasing the winger with his contract set to expire.
But the West Londoners were desperate to retain Iling-Junior and were keen to extend his stay at Stamford Bridge, however it appears his future lies outside of England.
According to Goal journalist Romeo Agresti, the Old Lady are closing in on a deal to bring the forward to Italy.
He stated that the Three Lions youth international has been in Turin in recent days to complete a move to Juve.
SCORING A JOEL
Arsenal have reportedly lodged a £13.6million bid for Sporting Lisbon winger Joelson Fernandes with the teenager seeking a move away.
The 17-year-old – who has featured four times for the senior side this season – could follow Bruno Fernandes in making a switch to the Premier League.
Dubbed the ‘next Cristiano Ronaldo’, the Gunners are keen to secure the services of the exciting forward.
SunSport reported in June how Arsenal were keeping tabs on the player, who is also being chased by LaLiga giants Barcelona.
And according to Portuguese news channel TVI 24, the North Londoners have stepped up their interest and have submitted a formal offer.
Josh Laurent will sign for Reading next week after they beat Middlesbrough to the midfielder’s signature, writes DUNCAN WRIGHT.
Laurent, 25, has agreed a two-year deal with the Royals after leaving Shrewsbury at the end of his contract last month.
The midfielder was highly sought after having impressed with his displays in the FA Cup last season when the Shrews took Liverpool to a replay.
COM-AND GET HIM
Manchester United are reportedly lining up Kingsley Coman as an alternative summer signing to Jadon Sancho.
The Bayern Munich winger could find himself out of the picture with Leroy Sane landing in Bavaria next season.
And the Red Devils are intent on landing a winger to bolster their attack, having followed Sancho for so long.
However, a deal with Borussia Dortmund is not guaranteed in the pandemic-affected market and the club are said to be formulating a back-up plan.
According to The Athletic, United have already held talks over a deal for Coman, possibly on a loan basis.
WILF HE OR WON’T HE
Arsenal and Manchester United are on red alert after Roy Hodgson admitted Wilfried Zaha wants to leave.
And Crystal Palace have given their star winger the green light to leave if the right offer comes in, according to the Times.
Hodgson said: “Wilf has made it clear, ever since I came to the club really, that he would relish a move and would like to move on and find some pastures new.
“But he’s a very valuable player and the club realises his value and appreciates his value.
“So really everything will depend I guess – as it always does – what sort of offers the club is going to receive for him and how they will equate that with the need to keep him or the need, maybe, to satisfy his wishes, and allow him to go after giving good service to the club for a period of time.”
FOR CHRIS SAKE
After Roma posted this photo of Chris Smalling as part of their new kit marketing campaign, rumours have emerged suggesting a deal to take the centre-half to Italy on a permanent deal is close.
Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport suggest a deal is very close, as they also confirmed that the two clubs have been in negotiations and news was expected in the next few days.
🟥 @ChrisSmalling 6⃣
🟧 @LorePelle7 7⃣
🟨 @EdDzeko 9⃣
🟥 @HenrikhMkh 7⃣7⃣
— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) July 23, 2020
JUVE MISSED OUT THERE
Juventus have agreed a deal to sign Chelsea youngster Samuel Iling-Junior, according to reports.
Iling-Junior, 16, featured for Chelsea’s U18 side and an UEFA Youth League this season.
And Goal reporter Romeo Agresti says Iling-Junior has travelled to Turin and Juve are confident of sealing a deal.
PSG, Schalke, Ajax and Bayern Munich have all had an interest in the English U17 international.
Meanwhile, United and Arsenal are said to be targeting Lille centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes – but so are Everton, Inter Milan and Napoli.
And Bayer Leverkusen boss Peter Bosz is “confident” Chelsea target Kai Havertz will be around for next month’s Europa League campaign.
Overseas, France striker Kylian Mbappe reportedly wants to stay at PSG just one more season – in the hope of then joining Real Madrid.
Manchester United have been the club most strongly linked with England skipper Harry Kane.
But with Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Anthony Martial flying in attack, Borussia Dortmund’s £80million-rated Jadon Sancho appears to be United’s only major attacking target for now.
And indeed Old Trafford boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is increasingly being linked with transfer activity at the other end of the pitch, especially due to keeper David De Gea’s erratic form.
United are keeping tabs on Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak – as are Chelsea, whose own stopper Kepa Arrizabalaga. also has question marks hanging over him.
But Oblak has a release clause of 120million euros – around £109million.
NO WAY JOSE
Harry Kane seems sure to stay at Tottenham.
Boss Jose Mourinho says chairman Daniel Levy has promised him there is no need to sell star men despite a financial hit from the coronavirus crisis and huge loans to pay over their new stadium.
Mourinho said: “Have I had assurances I will not need to sell key players this summer? Yes.”
GOOD MORNING FOOTY FANS
Chelsea look to be inching closer to the signing of Kai Havertz, if this conversation is anything to go by.
In what appears to be a leaked message chain between Havertz’s sister and a friend, his move to Stamford Bridge is going ahead.
In screenshots obtained by the Football Terrace Podcast, somebody wishes Havertz’s sister Lea a happy birthday before cheekily asking: “My colleague asked me about your young sibling. Does he change clubs?”
To which she said: “He’s moving to London next month.”
Thiago Alcantara could be given the No 6 shirt at Liverpool.
Dejan Lovren is the current occupier of that squad number at Anfield but he is close to joining Zenit St Petersburg.
The former Barcelona star has a year left on his contract but Bayern Munich are yet to receive a bid for him.
And David Silva is ready for his final game for Man City.
The Spanish playmaker will play his 309th and last Premier League match against Norwich on Sunday.
“When I look back at everything, I could never in my wildest dreams have imagined what I would achieve,” he said.
Jose Mourinho has received assurances from Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy that the club will NOT have to sell Harry Kane – often linked with Manchester United – this summer.
The North Londoners have been left reeling by the Corona Crunch after a string of concerts and sporting events at their new £1billion stadium were cancelled.
After taking out a £175million bridging loan from the Bank of England, there were fears the club might have to cash in on star striker Kane and other key players to avoid plunging even further into the red.
They also have a staggering £852MILLION stadium loan to repay.
But manager Mourinho said: “Have I had assurances I will not need to sell key players this summer? Yes.”
Tottenham travel to Crystal Palace for their final Premier League match of the season tomorrow, still hoping to qualify for the Europa League.
Mourinho knows with no Champions League football next season, he will have to cut his cloth accordingly in the transfer market.
He said: “There will be small changes — a big overhaul needs a lot of money.