Transfer news LIVE: Tottenham, Liverpool, Madrid, Man City, Juventus, Everton and all the LATEST rumours and gossip

0

TRANSFER NEWS is picking up with the football season on the verge of reaching its rescheduled conclusion.

And the official dates are now in! The window will open on June 27 and close on October. Yes, that’s in just one week!

Follow all the latest gossip and rumours below…

CHAPTER AND ‘VERTZ

Kai Havertz is reportedly on the verge of becoming the latest high-profile player to sign for Chelsea in a deal worth £80million.

It has been widely speculated that Frank Lampard has made signing the Bayer Leverkusen attacking midfielder his No1 priority after agreeing deals for Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner.

SunSport recently reported how the 21-year-old has chosen to make the move to Stamford Bridge, despite attracting interest from the likes of Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Real Madrid.

And now The Athletic claim that he is closing in on a switch to West London, with the Blues the only club willing to fork out the huge sum of money for him.

They state that personal terms are not an issue and only fine details need to be agreed between both parties.

Havertz is said to have bought into the project that Lampard is building having spoken with the Blues gaffer.

GET PUSHY

Jadon Sancho will have to push for a move to Manchester United in order to get the move over the line, according to reports.

United and Borussia Dortmund are locked in a standoff over the proposed transfer fee, with the German giants demanding £115million.

Now the Mirror claim Sancho may have to force the issue if he is to secure his move back to England.

But with coronavirus hitting clubs hard financially, Man Utd are thought to be one of the few clubs able to afford the monster fee.

United had been hoping to land a cut-price £50m deal for Sancho – but Dortmund recently demanded at least £100m for the man they signed for just £7m in 2017 from Man City.

The Bundesliga giants are also claimed to have told United to hurry up and make their move in just three weeks or miss out on Sancho altogether.

Vacation!

A post shared by Jadon Sancho (@sanchooo10) on Jul 18, 2020 at 12:27pm PDT

DAN PLEA

Dani Ceballos is reportedly ready to ask Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to extend his loan at Arsenal.

The 23-year-old attacking midfielder produced another standout performance to help down Manchester City 2-0 at Wembley on Saturday.

Now after helping the Gunners reach the FA Cup Final, boss Mikel Arteta wants to retain the loanee’s services.

And according to Spanish outlet El Confidencial, the player himself is ready to plead with Madrid’s top chief in order to secure the move.

Arsenal have already contacted the Bernabeu giants regarding a deal for another 12 months.

However, Madrid are only interested in doing business with a permanent transfer.

GOOD MORNING FOOTY FANS

After beating them in the FA Cup semi-final, Chelsea are reportedly stalling over trying to sign Manchester United keeper Dean Henderson.

The stopper has been on loan with Sheffield United all season and the Blades recently confirmed they are talking to the Red Devils about extending the deal for next season.

The Blades have also signed goalie Wes Foderingham as a potential replacement to Henderson.

But despite Sheffield Utd’s apparent preparation for life without the Englishman, the Blues are still weighing up their options, according to the Express.

Meanwhile, Nigel Pearson was sacked by Watford on Sunday in a decision that has left the players stunned.

The Hornets have just two matches left this season and are still in danger of getting relegated.

But Friday’s 3-1 defeat to West Ham infuriated club chiefs and now they have acted by axing Pearson just eight months after appointing him.

In other news, Adam Lallana is rumoured to be at the heart of a transfer tug-of-war between Brighton, Burnley, Everton, and top four battlers Leicester.

He is set to leave Premier League champions Liverpool this week, after six years at the club.

The long-serving midfielder, described as “a legend” by boss Klopp, is already fielding multiple offers from elsewhere.

Lallana, who joined from Southampton in 2014, has made 128 Premier League appearances for Klopp’s side netting 30 times in the division during his Anfield career.

HUDD ENOUGH

Danny Cowley was sacked just two days after he rescued Huddersfield from relegation after rows over recruitment.

SunSport understands owner Phil Hodgkinson wanted full control over transfers — but his manager was not willing to work that way.

Cowley, and his brother and assistant Nicky, were fired after Terriers avoided the drop to League One by beating West Brom.

Hodgkinson is talking to Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson and Marcelo Bielsa’s assistant Carlos Corberan.

Insiders claim the Terriers’ owner decided  he was going to dismiss the brothers during the  coronavirus lockdown.

DAVE DON’T SAVE

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has fired a warning shot at David De Gea after the goalie’s blunders cos Manchester United a place in the FA Cup final.

De Gea was at fault for two of Chelsea’s goals as United crumbled in a 3-1 semi-final defeat at Wembley on Sunday evening.

After the match, the United boss said: “I can’t speak for his confidence but he is mentally very strong.

“He knows he should save that one 100 times out of 100 but that’s football for you.

“I made the decision to play him and mentally he was ready for it.”

HOODWINKED

Harry Winks’ Tottenham future is reportedly in doubt due to the club’s pursuit of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Spurs and Everton are both battling it out for the £25million-rated Southampton midfielder.

And the Daily Mirror claim if Jose Mourinho wins the race for the Dane then Winks is the “most likely” player to leave to make way for him.

Owner Daniel Levy will be looking to balance the books if he gives his manager to green light to splash the cash.

The 24-year-old has been used sparingly by Mourinho since he took charge and is valued between £25m and £30m.

WAT THE HECK?

Watford have released a club statement following the sacking of Nigel Pearson.

Club Statement: Nigel Pearson

— Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) July 19, 2020

HANDY ANDY

Andy Carroll has offered to play centre-back for Newcastle when they face Brighton tomorrow.

The ex-Liverpool and West Ham striker has shaken off a hamstring injury to be fit for the clash at the Amex.

But with the Magpies suffering an injury crisis in the centre of defence, Carroll has put his name forward to cover at the back.

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce said: “He’s okay. He could play.

“Andy reminded me he has played centre-half before!”

RUN OF THE MILL

Liverpool’s Adam Lallana will have “plenty of options” for his next move and could even return to Southampton, claimed Danny Mills.

Speaking to Football Insider, the ex-England star said: “I think he’ll have plenty of choices.

“He’s now back at full fitness – that’s really why he hasn’t played an awful lot.

“He could even go back to Southampton.

“There will be loads of clubs looking to sign him up on one or maybe a two-year deal, because he’s got quality.

“He knows how to keep the ball, he can create.”

CHANGE OF HART

Joe Hart looks unlikely to replace Fraser Forster at Celtic, according to reports.

The former England No.1 is a free agent after being released by Burnley at the end of June.

However, the Telegraph claims a possible move to Scotland for the 33-year-old goalkeeper is in doubt.

It is understood Celtic have turned their attention to the European market in their search for a new stopper.

IN THE NIK OF TIME

Monaco have sacked manager Robert Moreno after only seven months in charge.

And according to L’Equipe, former Bayern Munich boss Niko Kovac is expected to take over at the French side.

Moreno replaced Leonardo Jardim in December when Monaco were seventh in the table.

He leaves with the team in ninth place, 28 points behind Paris Saint- Germain, who were crowned champions when the French season was cut short by the Covid-19 pandemic.

HEN DO

Chelsea and Manchester United target Victor Osimhen has reportedly passed a Napoli medical.

RMC claims the Lille star, 21, underwent his tests in Rome ahead of a stunning £74million summer switch to his long-term suitors.

Chelsea and United were both keeping tabs on Osimhen, who has scored 13 goals and assisted five more in just 27 games this season.

But the Nigeria international will instead be heading to Serie A with Napoliand Gennaro Gattuso.

SARR-Y STATE OF AFFAIRS

Liverpool are reportedly keen on signing Watford winger Ismaila Sarr.

According to the Mirror, Jurgen Klopp’s side are closely monitoring his situation.

But the Premier League champions face competition from Manchester United for his signature.

Sarr has attracted a wide range of interest after scoring five goals and making five assists this season.

HAZ BEEN TOUGH

Eden Hazard helped Real Madrid win the LaLiga title in his first season at the club but still called it the “worst of his career”.

Looking back at his debut year at the Bernabeu, Hazard said: “There have been injuries, but I hope this is behind and that next year will be better.

“In reality it has not been such a terrible year because I have been able to come to this club and we have won the league in my first year.

“I can’t ask for more.

“[But] on an individual level it has been the worst year of my career.

“It has been a little strange season with everything that has happened.”

VICCED TO THE POST

Chelsea and Man Utd target Victor Osimhen has reportedly completed a medical at Napoli ahead of his move from Lille.

Nigerian international striker was said to be in Rome yesterday to undergo the tests and passed, according to French outlet RMC.

Reports suggest there are still outstanding details to be resolved between the player’s entourage and Napoli, and the two clubs, before the deal can be fully concluded.

STUNG BY THE HORNETS

Nigel Pearson is reportedly on the verge of being sacked by Watford.

The Hornets have just two matches left this season and are still in danger of getting relegated.

But Friday’s 3-1 defeat to West Ham infuriated club chiefs.

And now the Daily Mail claim they are set to wield the axe and replace Pearson.

TIE HIM DAN

Arsenal have asked Real Madrid about keeping Dani Ceballos on loan for another season, according to reports.

The 23-year-old attacking midfielder produced another standout performance to help down Manchester City 2-0 at Wembley last night.

Now after helping the Gunners reach the FA Cup Final, boss Mikel Arteta wants to retain his services.

That’s according to a report in Spanish outlet El Confidencial, who claim the Premier League side have already contacted Los Blancos.

However, Madrid are only interested in doing business with a permanent transfer.

Their president Florentino Perez has already stated they need to sell before any big-name arrivals due to the monetary impacts of the coronavirus crisis.

SARR-LY NOT

Gary Neville says Manchester United could swoop for Watford star Ismaila Sarr this summer.

The Red Devils have been heavily linked with Jadon Sancho but Neville reckons his old team could move for the Hornets winger in the same position.

Speaking on the Gary Neville podcast after West Ham thrashed the Hertfordshire side on Friday night, he said: “Manchester United need a right winger.

“He’s a big, big talent, honestly he really is.

“We’ve seen his performances before but tonight he was a shining light, even in that first half there were periods where Watford did attack and it was through him.

“He’ll be sought after and Watford will, I’m sure, cash in if they get the right bid.”

TEENAGE KICKS

Manchester City are reportedly in talks to sign Gremio wonderkid Diego Rosa.

Although the 17-year-old has yet to appear for his club’s senior side, MailOnline reports he has caught the eye of City’s scouts.

The fee will be around £4.5m to snare the teen, but it could rise to £13.5m with add ons.

Gremio also want a sell-on fee to “sweeten the deal”.

While Rosa is very much “one for the future”, City are determined to concentrate on the “now” this summer – and find Leroy Sane’s replacement.

AD BREAK

Brighton boss Graham Potter is ready to steal in ahead of Leicester to sign Liverpool star Adam Lallana, according to reports.

The England and ex-Southampton midfielder becomes a free agent next Sunday and a return to the South Coast could be appealing.

Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers had hoped to take the 32-year-old.

But Brighton boss Potter holds the aces – geographically speaking.

A Brighton scout has told Football Insider that the Seagulls are now in pole position to get the player.

BYE BAY BOA!

West Ham teen sensation Benicio Baker-Boaitey is set to join German giants Bayern Munich.

The youngster will travel to Germany this week for talks about becoming the latest hot prospect to quit the Premier League for the Bundesliga.

The Irons could then get just £230,000 training compensation for the highly-rated England youth star.

Winger Baker-Boaitey, 16, snubbed the chance to sign professional terms at the Hammers when he turns 17 in January.

A host of top clubs across Europe have been chasing the teenager.

GREEN DREAM – EXCLUSIVE

Mason Greenwood’s fine season will earn him a bumper new Old Trafford deal — just nine months after he signed his last.

Manchester United’s striker, 18, was only handed a new £25,000-a-week five- year contract in October.

But he has been such a big success that United are set to rip that up and reward him with near double-your-money terms.

His fresh deal will also include incremental rises, plus success-related clauses, as well as a slight extension.

A year ago he was picking up £800 a week — but his new deal will see that rocket to around £40,000.

CHO ME THE MONEY

Borussia Dortmund have told Manchester United to put up or shut up as they continue to pursue winger Jadon Sancho.

Meanwhile, the England attacker has refused to rule out a move to Old Trafford.

Sancho told World Soccer magazine: “I don’t know what to say to that. It’s hard to say. That’s the future. You never know what could happen, so we will wait and see.”

The Germans have demanded £115million in three weeks – or will not sell him.

The Bundesliga club want to crack on with their preparations for next season.

They have told United the deal must be done by August 10 or the player will stay with them for a fourth season.

THE HEND OF THE ROAD

Chelsea have stalled over signing Dean Henderson as Sheffield United confirm talks with Manchester United for the on loan keeper, according to reports.

The Blades have also signed keeper Wes Foderingham as a potential replacement to Henderson but the Blues are still weighing up their options, according to the Sunday Express.

Henderson – among a number of other keepers – has been linked with a Stamford Bridge move for some time as Frank Lampard searched for a replacement to out of favour Kepa who is likely to leave at the end of this season.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply