TRANSFER NEWS is picking up with the domestic football season on the verge of reaching its conclusion.
The window will open on July 27 and close in October.
Follow all the latest gossip and rumours below…
Jose Mourinho has received assurances from Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy that the club will NOT have to sell Harry Kane – often linked with Manchester United – this summer.
The North Londoners have been left reeling by the Corona Crunch after a string of concerts and sporting events at their new £1billion stadium were cancelled.
After taking out a £175million bridging loan from the Bank of England, there were fears the club might have to cash in on star striker Kane and other key players to avoid plunging even further into the red.
They also have a staggering £852MILLION stadium loan to repay.
But manager Mourinho said: “Have I had assurances I will not need to sell key players this summer? Yes.”
Tottenham travel to Crystal Palace for their final Premier League match of the season tomorrow, still hoping to qualify for the Europa League.
Mourinho knows with no Champions League football next season, he will have to cut his cloth accordingly in the transfer market.
He said: “There will be small changes — a big overhaul needs a lot of money.
JAN COULD BE THE MAN
United are keeping tabs on Atletico Madrid keeper Jan Oblak.
Chelsea are also keen on the Slovenian – who is understood to be open to a fresh challenge – as a replacement for the unconvincing Kepa Arrizabalaga.
But United want to be kept in the loop on Oblak’s situation with the future of error-strewn David De Gea in doubt.
Oblak’s release clause stands at 120million euros – around £109million.
But with Atletico in need of cash to fund other signings due to the impact of coronavirus, a lower figure could be accepted for their No1.
The ambitious stopper, 27, is interested in a move to a club competing for honours after six years at Atletico without a league title.
VALENCIA EYE KEPA
Chelsea keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga is reportedly a Valencia target.
With the Spaniard’s No1 spot at Stamford Bridge in doubt, he has been linked with clubs back home.
Valencia are increasingly being mentioned over the ex-Athletic Bilbao stopper, 25, who has ten full caps.
ANSU THE QUESTIONS
Barcelona will do all they can to fend off any bids for rumoured United target Ansu Fati, the 17-year-old winger.
Reports in Spain even suggest United have already had a bid of around £90million rejected for the Spain Under-21 star.
Now Barca reportedly want to hold talks with Fati about extending his stay.
UTD NO TO SANCHEZ, SMALLING EXTENDING LOANS
United will not let Alexis Sanchez and Chris Smalling further extend their loan stays in Italy as they hope to arrange permanent transfers, reports say.
Ex-Arsenal striker Sanchez, 31, has been in improved form post-lockdown, while ex-England centre-back Smalling, 30, has shone for Roma all season.
And unless an arrangement is reached the duo will return before Europa League matches next month.
Sky Sports suggest United want the players back when the lengthened Serie A season ends on August 2.
Old Trafford chiefs did allow them to remain in Italy two extra months to finish the Italian top-flight after it was temporarily halted by the coronavirus pandemic.
But now it is thought United want the loan clubs to stump up to buy Sanchez and Smalling – or lose them back to England.
TELL A TRANSFER STORY
Porto’s Alex Telles is being linked with a £22.7million tug-of-war between Chelsea, Manchester United and Chelsea.
The Blues are reportedly the keenest – as they weigh up potential options at left-back if Leicester’s £80m-rated Ben Chilwell proves too expensive.
Telles, 27, won his only Brazil cap last year, having joined Porto from Galatasaray in 2016.
France striker Kylian Mbappe reportedly wants to quit PSG NEXT summer for Real Madrid.
AS claim the 21-year-old responded to an offer of a new long-term deal by saying: “I need more time to think.”
And Spanish media are convinced he is thinking of joining Zinedine Zidane’s LaLiga champs
But the World Cup winner told BeIn Sports: “I am here in Paris and I want to be part of the project.
“I will be at PSG next season and I will try to win as many titles as possible. I am in the fourth year of the project.”
LINGARD: JADON WOULD BE ‘GREAT’ BUY
Jesse Lingard believes United target Jadon Sancho would be a “great addition”.
Borussia Dortmund reportedly want at least £80million for the 20-year-old attacker.
And the Bundesliga giants are said to have been eyeing potential replacements, including Werder Bremen’s Milot Rashica.
Ligard, 26, speaking in his role as ambassador for American Pistachio Growers, said: “Jadon is a brilliant player.
“It is obviously up to him.
““I’ve seen him with England, I’ve seen his qualities and I feel like he’d be a great addition to any team.”
JUDE SNUBBED UTD AFTER SANCHO CHAT
New Borussia Dortmund star Jude Bellingham has revealed chatting to United target Jadon Sancho helped convince him to snub them and move to Germany.
The 17-year-old was the subject of a fierce transfer tug-of-war.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side showed him and his family around their Carrington training complex – even getting Sir Alex Ferguson to come along and chat with the youngster.
But eventually Bellingham “fell in love” with Dortmund and decided to move to Lucien Favre’s side in a £25million deal.
ROWE IS IN LINE
Mikel Arteta is pleased with Emile Smith-Rowe’s loan spell at Huddersfield this season – hinting that he could be part of the first team squad next season.
The Spaniard said: “He’s a player with very specific qualities to play in those pockets in that position as an attacking midfielder.
“I am excited to work with him. I have been talking with him and I have followed him during his spell on loan. I think he’s someone who can be pretty impressive.
“I’m pleased by what I’ve seen from him. He needed that exposure and he looks more mature now.
“I think he will be in a much better place when he comes back in pre-season.”
KEPA LOAD OF THAT
Valencia are chasing an audacious double-swoop for Premier League duo Kepa Arrizabalaga and David Silva, according to reports,
The LaLiga side slumped to a disappointing ninth-place finish this season – and are hoping to find a way to improve next time out.
According to 90min, club chiefs believe that moves to bring Kepa and Silva back to Spain could do just the trick.
Finances are expected to be tight at the Mestalla following the coronavirus pandemic, however, making big-money acquisitions difficult.
But with Chelsea rumoured to be desperate to offload their blundering £71million goalkeeper – a multi-year loan move could potentially be thrashed out.
KEEP YOUR HENDS ON DEAN
Kasper Schmeichel reckons Dean Henderson needs more loan experience at Sheffield United.
He said: “I genuinely hope for someone like Dean Henderson, who’s had an amazing season, that he can be allowed to develop.
“I hope for him, he gets another season, maybe two at Sheffield United and play the way he’s done and then he’ll be ready.
“But for now, David de Gea is still a world-class goalkeeper. It’s a lonely position and those are the margins you play in as a goalkeeper – you simply cannot make mistakes because you will be punished.”
BYE DANNY BOY
Blackburn fans are saying an emotional farewell to Danny Graham, after he left the Championship club following a four-year stint.
The former Sunderland, Watford, Middlesbrough and Swansea striker, 34, is a free agent after his Ewood Park contract elapsed.
Richie Smallwood, Jayson Leutwiler, Dominic Samuel and Sam Hart are also leaving the club.
#Rovers confirm player departures
Decisions have been reached regarding the futures of a number of Rovers players whose extended contracts with the club expired at midnight last night.
— Blackburn Rovers (@Rovers) July 24, 2020
Danny Graham, a cult hero of recent times. pic.twitter.com/vQ8B0a3lmY
— Beth (@BethChristina11) July 22, 2020
Danny Graham is not leaving @Rovers I refuse to accept it especially since I decided to wear mascara today and I’m not having it ruined
— Nicky (@NickyRobbo80) July 24, 2020
Danny Graham, absolutely gutted you aren’t staying, and even more so that we couldn’t give you the send off you deserve. All the best for the future, an unbelievable servant to the club 🔵⚪️ #Rovers #ScoresWhenHeWants
— Andy Buck (@ResidentBucko) July 24, 2020
BELL RANG JAD
Jude Bellingham has revealed he talked to Manchester United target Jadon Sancho before moving to Borussia Dortmund.
The 17-year-old might not be team-mates with the England winger for long.
Sancho is a top Old Trafford target.
The former Birmingham midfielder said: “Weighing all that up and the people we met there, the stadium and fanbase, it made me fall in love with that club as well.
“I’ve met Sancho and we have spoken.
“He is a great example of what you can achieve if you do the right things.”
MATURE LIKE RED WIJN
Liverpool are in the process of extending Georginio Wijnaldum’s contract, according to reports.
The Merseyside club are looking to offer the Dutchman a new deal at Anfield after his heroics in the Champions League last season and winning the Premier League title this term.
Fabrizio Romano tweeted that they have NOT yet bid for Bayern Munich’s Thiago Alcantara.
SEPTEMBER 12 RE-START
Prem clubs have agreed to start next season in September, reports MARTIN LIPTON.
The 20 current shareholder clubs held their last video meeting of the season and confirmed plans to begin the 2020-21 season on the weekend of September 12.
It is understood the Community Shield will be confirmed at Wembley for August 30, with the majority of Prem players then heading around Europe and the world for the first international break since November.
But clubs and fans are set to discover the fixture schedule less than a month before the big kick-off.
SunSport understands the clubs agreed that the fixture list should be agreed and published by August 21, barely three weeks before the new term begins.
But Prem chiefs have to wait until the outcome of the Championship play-off Final before they can work properly on what will be a congested schedule with only a maximum 32 weekend dates rather than the normal 34.
SHARE THE LOV
Liverpool are selling Dejan Lovren to Zenit St Petersburg for £10.9million, according to reports.
The Croatia defender, 31, has played 15 games this season in all competitions.
Sergio Romero could move on this summer, according to reports.
The Argentina international is acutely aware that there could be a battle between David De Gea and Dean Henderson next season and is seeking assurances from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Widely perceived as the best back-up keeper in the world, Romero is also a target for Everton and Leeds United, although he would not be guaranteed a starting berth at either club.
Romero, 33, was left out for the FA Cup semi-final defeat to Chelsea, which was a disaster for United as De Gea’s blunder-ridden performance gifted the Blues an easy victory.
KEEPS TO HOLD ON TO
Frank Lampard has decided to target a goalkeeper after Chelsea complete a deal for Kai Havertz, according to reports.
Andre Onana, Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Nick Pope and Dean Henderson have been mooted as possible contenders for the gig between the sticks.
Although any deal for German playmaker Havertz has not been announced, it seems a transfer agreement is imminent with a fee still being disputed between the clubs.
West Ham have completed the signing of Tomas Soucek after his goals helped ensure Premier League survival this season, writes DUNCAN WRIGHT.
Czech international Soucek has made a huge impact at the London Stadium since arriving on loan in January – and his three goals since the resumption of the season played a major role in ensuring the Hammers avoided the drop.
Staying in the Premier League activated the clause which had seen West Ham agree to pay Slavia Prague £19.14million to make the deal permanent if their top flight status was secured.
Soucek, 25, has signed a contract until 2024 and boss David Moyes believes he can continue to make an impression in England now his permanent signing has been confirmed.
Moyes said: “I always believed he would be staying, it was subject to us staying in the Premier League and I believed we would remain a Premier League club.
“I never had any great worries about him.”
Kylian Mbappe is looking to make the switch to Real Madrid next summer, according to reports.
The Frenchman wants to stay at Paris Saint-Germain this season and head to the Spanish capital in 2021.
According to AS, after being offered a long-term contract at Parc des Princes Mbappe told the club: “I need more time to think.”
The Spanish media are convinced he is thinking of joining Zinedine Zidane’s team, where he can emulate Cristiano Ronaldo as the club’s marquee player.
He told BeIn Sports: “I am here in Paris and I want to be part of the project.
“I will be at PSG next season and I will try to win as many titles as possible. I am in the fourth year of the project.”
NICKO, CLEAR THIS ONE UP
Let’s let the Boss of Goss explain why Toure was wearing an Orient shirt.
Has a place in the area. Think that’s all it is. https://t.co/RvzyEuYvaZ
— Alan Nixon (@reluctantnicko) July 24, 2020
Yaya Toure has shocked fans by training in Leyton Orient kit as he aims to get fit for the 2020-21 season.
The 37-year-old has been without a club since leaving Chinese second-tier side Qingdao Huanghai earlier this year.
But the Manchester City legend appeared ready for business as he adorned the red training kit of League Two Orient to get down to work.
And even the Brisbane Road side’s Twitter admin could hardly believe it, tweeting “Yaya Touré lads. Bloody hell.” in accompaniment to one of the pictures.
Fans could scarcely believe their eyes either, struggling to conceal their shocked reactions.
One responded: “Haha! What’s going on there? I can’t think of a good reason why he’s in our training gear.”
Sergio Ramos is using a lucrative offer from an unnamed Chinese club in order to force Real Madrid into handing him a handsome new deal, according to reports.
The 170-cap Spanish defender has just one year remaining on his £210,000-a-week deal at the Bernabeu.
And according to Sport, the 34-year-old’s representatives have leaked details of a £385k-a-week offer from a Chinese Super League club, in order to force Real Madrid’s hand in the drawn out negotiations.
Ramos is chasing a two-year extension, and wants a pay rise to make him the club’s top earner.
Gareth Bale is currently Madrid’s highest-paid player on around £300k-a-week – but Ramos’ demands of a £315k weekly salary would see him top this figure.
MES BE JOKING
Fenerbahce reportedly want to pay Arsenal £52,000-a-week of Mesut Ozil’s wages to secure a loan move – despite the player earning SEVEN times that amount.
The German playmaker has fallen out of favour at the Emirates, not making a single appearance since the Premier League restart in June.
He has been linked with a move to Fenerbahce, but his £350,00-a-week wages causes a stumbling bloke for any transfer away from Arsenal.
According to Marca, the Turkish giants want to try and seal a loan move for the 31-year-old, but can only afford to contribute to a fraction of his wages.
They are prepared to pay £3m of Ozil’s salary a year, but he pockets around £18m annually.
Ozil has one year left on his Arsenal contract and is adamant he will honour it.