MIKE TYSON has officially signed the contract to fight Roy Jones Jr on September 12 – while holding a chunky marijuana joint.
The eight-round exhibition clash in California marks a huge moment in the American’s career, after 15 years away from the sport.
Now 54, Iron Mike had been hotly-tipped to re-enter the ring once more having gotten a grip of his substance and weight issues.
And Tyson has looked in tip-top shape in recent months, while still smoking weed.
He is believed to earn £500,000-a-month from his cannabis products business, with the drug legal in California, and hopes to build a luxury resort for users.
But boxing is back at the forefront of his mind and sports promoter Dean Toole posted a video of Tyson and Jones Jr putting pen to paper on Thursday.
The fight’s promotion company Triller is reportedly planning a huge music and boxing showcase for seven weeks’ time.
A full undercard is being finalised as well as a docuseries focusing on both fighters’ build-up to their comebacks.
As for the bout itself, there will be no judges present with the contest only over via a knockout or injury, such as a cut.
Brooklyn-born Tyson remains the youngest boxer to ever win a heavyweight title having dominated the division in the late 1980s.
Meanwhile, Jones Jr, 51, only hung up his gloves in 2018 after a long career that included world titles in four weight classes.
Jones Jr told BoxingScene: “I was done. But when it’s Mike Tyson? A light came on.
“I don’t know what I’m getting for the fight yet but I know I’m not turning down a fight with Mike Tyson.
“I don’t care what I get. It’s me and Mike Tyson. That’s good enough for me. [My earnings] all depends on how many people buy it.
“I’m very amped up. That’s the only person I really wanted to fight. I would have said no to everybody else. But Mike Tyson?
“There’s no way you can say no. That’s the only guy I wanted to fight at heavyweight so I couldn’t turn it down. I couldn’t say no.”