Five minutes, five stories, five o’clock…
EVERY WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you the five biggest stories of the day.
1. #BUSTS: Over 170 members of An Garda Síochána took part in searches today targeting drug trafficking, money laundering and gang-related activities in Limerick city and its surroundings.
2. #FORMATION: The youth wing of Fine Gael will vote against the agreed programme for government as the Taoiseach warns of ‘political crisis’ if the deal doesn’t go through.
3. #ACID ATTACK: A young man from Limerick city is recovering in hospital in Dublin after sustaining serious facial injuries in a suspected acid attack.
4. #SOAKAGE: As some pubs prepare to reopen on 29 June, Fáilte Ireland has said pubs will be expected to serve “substantial meals” that cost at least €9.
5. #FOOTBALL: Stephen Kenny’s Republic of Ireland is set to play their rescheduled Euro 2020 play-off with Slovakia on Thursday, 8 October.
No news is bad news
Support The Journal
Your contributions will help us continue
to deliver the stories that are important to you
Support us now
Crime search operation across Limerick, an acid attack and confusion of €9 pub grub guidelines.